Monday, October 04, 2010

Pumpkins and Crows ...

I just received the cutest squares from Kathryn. Kathryn and I were partners in the Halloween Round on the Fair and Square Exchange Blog. This was Kathryn's first exchange with this group and I hope it's not her last ... these squares will look great as a pinkeep, don't ya think? The design is Little Pumpkin in the Patch by Heart in Hand ...
Last month I stitched primitivebetty's freebie called Crow but I was really unhappy with the way the color of the fabric turned peachy colored instead of orange. I dug through my Halloween fabric and found this purple fabric with crows on it! It really worked well ... I love it now ...
While stitching on exchanges I try and do some small stitching for myself too ... here's what I stitched up over the weekend. I think I'll finish it with the fabric it's laying on ...
Autumn freebie by The Stitcherhood
with DMC and a scrap piece of fabric

I got my house all ready for Halloween last week ... here's a picture of my basket full of Halloween smalls ...And here's a picture of the mantle ... the Autumn Gathering metal sign is new this year. I found it at my favorite fabric shop ... they always have the cutest stuff ...
Don't forget to head over the Annette's blog today for the 31 Days of Halloween giveway ... there's a button on the right side of my blog ... good luck!

Hope your week has started out good and only gets better the closer to Friday it gets!

I hope you find your Joy in your stitches ...

I'm grateful for pumpkins and crows ...

21 comments:

Deborah said...

Great decorations!

valerie said...

Great finishes and squares!!

Melanie said...

These are super awesome!! I'm *so* enjoying all the Halloween stitches people have been posting this week. :)

Theresa said...

Wow!! Beautiful finishes!!!!! Perfect for October~

Michelle said...

Wow - the finishes are great and your display is lovely. Michelle x

Unknown said...

I'm glad you liked it. It got there FAST. I was worried about everything. Maybe it wasn't Halloweeny enough. Maybe it wasn't enough stitching. But now I am relieved. Can't wait to see yours.

Unknown said...

Once again I am suffering from mantle envy. You always have that looking so great!! That exchange piece was darling and I like the fabric you found for your crow. I really liked the fabric for your autumn piece - it is perfect!

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Everything is finished just darling Michelle :) Looks fun and festive in your home too!

Nancy said...

I love the pumpkin square with all the swirly vines! Everything you stitched is so pretty, and the way you finished Crow looks wonderful!

Your house looks so festive! I know you had fun with the decorating. Enjoy!

Kathy A. said...

Your Fair Square exchange is lovely.
How lucky to have that crow fabric. It takes an piece and makes is pop. Nice choice.
Your home looks lovely all decorated for Halloween. Very nice decorating!

Sally said...

Gorgeous stitching and displays Michele!

Catherine said...

Love your decorations!

barbara said...

That FS exchange is wonderful and I love the Stitcherhood freebie! :D

Blu said...

Gorgeous Halloween decor.

Anonymous said...

I love the fabric you picked for the Autumn freebie. It's just perfect.

Melissa said...

Beautiful finishes! I love the way you've decorated.

Belinda said...

I love the purple fabric on crow too, you've done well there. All the stitching is lovely, I love your halloween display. :-)

Shelleen said...

Love your decorations. Can't believe I don't have my house decorated yet.

Siobhán said...

Great finishes! I love your decorations. I love the exchange piece, too.

Louise said...

Love all your stitching and displays..Perfect!
I love Autumn ..it is my favorite time of year.
Raggedystitches,
Louise

Linda said...

Hi Michele...love your basket full of smalls and all your pretty Halloween decorations...KS looks awesome. I just finished mine...yay (set it aside last year:() and it's on the way to the framers. Happy stitching, hugs, Linda