Thursday, October 28, 2010

Pals Fall Fling 2010 - Part Two

There's nothing better than spending 4 days with your stitching friends ... well there is something better, exchanging with your stitching friends ... and we had 3 wonderful exchanges this year and I must say everyone did a terrific job of stitching and finishing their exchanges ... it was so fun to see all the ornaments on display and I'd love to share some pictures of them with you ... first is the Halloween/Fall exchange. In this exchange and the Christmas ornament exchange, if you stitch one ornament you get one, stitch two, you get two, etc ... the two ornaments on the right are the ones I stitched/finished ...
and of course what's a Halloween/Fall exchange without a witch in attendance! Isn't she great!! Check out the nails *smile*
Here are the two Halloween ornaments I picked ... they are in my basket on the mantel now ...
Next up are the Christmas ornaments ... just lovely aren't they!

Here are the three Christmas ornaments I stitched/finished ... they are all from Lizzie Kate's Three Blox kit ... they were really fun to stitch. The fabric they are laying on is the backing fabric for Noel and Joy ...

and here are the three Christmas ornaments that I picked ... can't wait to have them hanging on my red tree this year ...
The third exchange was a stitched design finished ... you stitched one and received one ... mine was stitched/finished by Nicole. With this exchange you can trade when it's all over if you want to. I had this, but it was stolen from me ... after the exchange, Beth agreed to trade with me ... we both got pieces that were perfect for us ... I love this!

Here's the pin pillow that I stitched/finished for the exchange. This was the first time I've ever added beads and it was sooo hard to give it away, it really turned out cute *smile* The back says Pals Fall Fling 2010. My new best buddy Diane (aka Juan) traded with Nicole for this one. She had a Fall piece stitched by Karen and wanted one stitched by me ... silly girl ... but it was sweet of her ...
last but not least was our Fall Fling welcome packet ... and Amy put together a wonderful packet for us. Including a design she did for the Fall Fling. The theme was Stitching at the Beach ... I'll be finishing it as a pin pillow ...

Thanks for letting me share this wonderful Fall Fling with you ... I'll finish up with the last of my pictures in a couple of days. I hope the last week of October has been good to you.

I hope you find your Joy in your stitches ...

I'm grateful for time with my stitching girlfriends ...

18 comments:

Patty C. said...

Beautiful exchanges - Sounds like everyone had fun !!

Shari said...

love all of the exchanges.....beautiful work by everyone!! I so miss retreats!!
thanks for sharing with all of us!

Siobhán said...

Wow, what gorgeous exchange pieces! I don't know how you chose just a few things. I think the temptation would be to take a big bag and just sweep everything into it. ;) ROFLOL Just kidding!! Have a great Halloween.

Chris said...

Thanks for posting the pictures of all the ornaments. They are so great and very inspiring to me. It looks like you had a fabulous weekend!

Charlene ♥ NC said...

Great posting, and great meeting you, too! already looking forward to next year...

Deborah said...

Looks like everyone had a great time. Beautiful exchanges.

Sally said...

Wow what a fantastic array of ornaments! Lovely exchange pieces.

Mama Joan said...

Looks like another fun retreat. Nice exchanges. Would like to do this retreat sometime.

Unknown said...

Great pictures!! Amy has already posted up the sign ups for next year!! Guess she really liked the way it went this year. I know I did.

Hope to see you there then.

Nancy said...

Sounds and looks like fun times! I love those Britty Kitty designs. Why haven't I ever bought any of them!

Nan said...

Your stitched piece is sitting on my stitching table! Love it! I made sure to thanks Nicole again for trading with me. :0),

Melanie said...

What fun!!!! I would have had such a hard time picking them......they all look so good!

Nicole said...

Great pictures Michele! I didn't realize you got one of my ornaments! Hope you enjoy it and the cube! :)

Anna van Schurman said...

What a fun time!

Lisa V said...

WOW, looks like you had a great time. Maybe if I wish hard enough, you all might come to Western Australia one day! hehe
LISA V

Carolyn NC said...

Love all the stitching finishes and exchanges you had!

Karen said...

Love your pics...especially the ornaments. I was too busy looking to take pics!

Love your exchanges too. It was hard to put together who stitched what. I too loved your little pin pillow!

can't wait until next year....happy halloween stitching.

Katrina said...

All the exchanges pieces are so sweet!!!!