Monday, October 25, 2010

Pals Fall Fling 2010

I just spent a lovely week in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina at the Pals Fall Fling. I roomed with Karen once again. We've gotten to be really great roommates and she doesn't snore! lol Chris was in an adjoining room with Michelle ... the 4 of us really enjoyed staying together. Here's Chris and Karen in our room ...
and here's Michelle, Chris' roommate ... what a sweet funny woman ...
Here's the view from our room ... can you think of a better reason to visit Myrtle Beach??
Here's another reason I love my time in Myrtle Beach ... hanging with my dear friends ... Karen, Sharon and Chris ...
but here's the big reason I love attending the Pals Fall Fling ... stitchers! Lots and lots of stitchers!! Catching up with old friends and meeting new ones ... and we had a view of the ocean from the convention room that was open from 8am to midnight ... it was a perfect for stitching (lots of light) and visiting ...
stitchers everywhere ...
aren't they cute! Diane, Sharon and Karen smiling and stitching. This was Diane's first Fall Fling, but I don't think it will be her last ... she fit in a might too good too fast! lol
We got to meet Faye!

More stitchers ... that's KarenSC in the pink shirt. It was great meeting Karen, she's my exchange partner on the Friends Stitching exchange blog ... it sure is fun to finally meeting blogging friends ...
I can't tell you how much fun it is to spend 4 days with fellow stitchers ... we laughed and stitched and laughed and ate and giggled and stitched and walked on the beach and stitched and sat enjoying the view and laughed until we pee'd lol

After spending a week on the beach in 80 degree weather ... this is what I returned home too ... FALL! We had a wonderful wind storm all day today ...
I'll be back with more Fall Fling pictures tomorrow.

I hope you find your Joy in your stitches ...

I'm grateful for time with my stitching girlfriends ...

18 comments:

Kathy A. said...

Oh, Michele - that looks like such an awesome time!!!

Nan said...

Hey Mavis!
Loved seeing your pictures! I had so much fun but did you have to tell everyone about the peeing part? Bahahaha!

Deborah said...

It looks like everyone had a great time!

Natasha said...

It looks like a funtastic time I would LOVE to go next year. So I am going to keep tabs on next years event and hopefully then I can meet all my blog friends :)

aprilmecheelesdulllife said...

Looks like ya'll had a great time !!

Belinda said...

Myrtle beach looks so pretty, and what an amazing view from your room.
I am jealous, the stitching retreat looks so wonderful. :-) You are so lucky you were able to go. It would be fun looking at what everyone's stitching. Thanks for sharing.

Sally said...

Fantastic photos Michele! I am jealous!

Katrina said...

I am so enjoying seeing everyone's pictures of the retreat. Glad you had such a fun time!

Nicole said...

It was so good to see you again Michele! Glad you made it home safely!!

Michelle said...

Oh Michele - wonderful photos thanks for sharing them. Wished we had something like this in the UK. Glad you had such a wonderful time. Michelle x

Linda said...

Loved seeing all the fun pictures...someday I'd love to attend a gathering like this...looking forward to more pictures...hugs, Linda

Yvonne..... said...

I see me!! LOL! It's so sad to come back to reality after having such a fun time at the beach with all of you! I'm ready to go back - LOL! I've finally updated my blog with some photos. Have so many, I'll have to do a little each night. Keep in touch with me!!

Karen said...

It was so great finally meeting you! Thanks to you and Karen again for the goodies too. Can't wait until next year. Glad you made it home safely.

happy stitching...

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

You had a wonderful great good time! :) I've enjoyed everyone's blogs about the week/weekend!

Shelleen said...

Thank you for sharing great pics

Carolyn NC said...

It was really great seeing you in MB - what a fun time! Great pics!

Sherry said...

What fun! I just may have to make plans to join you all for Pals next year. I can't wait to see more pics of this year's fun.

Siobhán said...

It sounds like an absolute blast!! I'm glad you had such a good time.