Monday, October 11, 2010

Exchanges arrived ...

I had a few exchanges arrive at their new homes last week and I'd like to share them with you.

First is my year long exchange with Joan through the Friends Stitching Through the Seasons blog. For the Autumn exchange I stitched her a Blackbird Designs stocking. I love how it turned out. Karen finished it for me ... love the bat trim ... pictures stolen by me from Joan's blog ... I forgot to take pictures before I mailed everything ...
Blackbird Design stocking from
Tis Hallowe'en design called Deadly Nightshade
stitched with WDW Pumpkin and CC Blackbird

Here's a picture of other goodies that I sent ... I really had fun putting this together for Joan.
The next exchange was for Kathryn through the Fair and Square Exchange Blog. This was a fun stitch ...
Bent Creek Snapper - Happy Halloween
stitched with suggested WDW and GAST threads
on misc 32 count fabric

I stitched and finished this pillow for Lisa through the Season Exchange Blog. I just love how this pillow turned out ... I usually have a tough time finding fabric that goes well with the piece I stitched ... I really lucked out this time ...
Lizzie*Kate Autumn Greetings
stitched with suggested GAST thread
on a misc. piece of fabric

Have you seen this wonderful collection of pinkeeps? The purchase of Pinkeep Story benefits Unicef. I purchased it a couple of weeks ago. It's a wonderful collection of pinkeeps. For approximately $22 you can get either a hardcopy of the charts of a PDF version.

Hope you all had a great weekend ... mine went way too quick, as they all seem to do. I'm busy getting ready for my trip to Myrtle Beach, SC ... stitching stitching stitching and some finishing too ... I love participating in all the exchanges that happen at the PALS Fall Fling.

I hope you find your Joy in your stitches ...

I'm grateful for sleep ...

15 comments:

Mama Joan said...

Thanks again for the great exchange. I really like the pillow you made for Lisa, very cute:)

Anonymous said...

Very cute exchanges. I just love seeing everyone's Halloween/fall stuff.

valerie said...

Cute exchanges! I totally love, love, love that BBD stocking!

Kathy A. said...

Wonderful exchanges girl. Love the stocking and all the exchange goodies.
Your Fair Squares are wonderful.
Your pillow - perfect - love that fabric.

Michelle said...

Lovely exchanges and I love that little pin-keep book. Wonder if there is a stockist in the UK. Michelle x

jayne@~an eye for threads~ said...

Thanks for sharing, that exchange looks like it was fun for everyone.
Be always in stitches.

Sadie said...

What lovely exchanges you stitched! Love them all :-)

Gladys Creativa said...

Really beautiful exchange! congratulacions!

Linda said...

What darling exchange pieces you stitched for all the lucky ladies...tried to pick a favorite but I loved them all. hugs, Linda

Unknown said...

Those are great exchange pieces!! Your partners should feel themselves really lucky!!

See you next week - whoo hoo!!

Melissa said...

WOW, the exchange pieces are gorgeous! I love the pillow fabric.

barbara said...

Wonderful autumn stitching! :D

Sally said...

Gorgeous exchange pieces Michele.

Have a great weekend!

Nancy said...

Such fun and pretty exchanges! Enjoy!

Thanks for the reminder about the Pinkeep Story!

Siobhán said...

What great exchanges! I love that BBD stocking! I'll have to look into getting that book... you know, seeing as it benefits UNICEF, it's not really stash, per se... ;)