Friday, June 05, 2009

Woo Hoo It's Friday!!!

and a whole lot cooler here in Washington. We had record breaking temperatures this week .. hit 99 in my town yesterday! We hardly every have high 90 weather here, especially in June, which is typically a very wet month. Finally cooling off today and through the weekend to a nice pleasant 75ish .. now hopefully my house will start to cool down .. we don't have central air :(

I don't have any stitching pictures to share, but I have been stitching. Have the Christmas ornaments I was behind with all stitched and ready to finish this weekend. Last night while watching the new season of Burn Notice and Royal Pains I started Coffin Buzz, a freebie by Plum Street Samplers. I'm stitching it on come coffee dyed (by me *smile*) evenweave with Belle Soie's Cinnamon Stick .. I'll post a picture over the weekend.

Have you seen this new design by The Primitive Needle called Sampler Sisters of the Thread? OMGosh I love it! Wouldn't it be a fun RR .. I could see stitching the top portion and then sending it off stitching friends to stitch the little motifs and the bottom and maybe switch up the "This work is mine" to say "This work is ours" and then everyone could sign it .. could be lots of fun!
http://witchstitches0.blogspot.com/


Hope June is starting out to be a good month for everyone! Thank you all for your lovely comments about my recent finishes, I really enjoy hearing from everyone :)

I hope you find your joy in your stitches ...

I'm grateful for cooler, but sunny days ...

14 comments:

Melissa said...

Oh my gosh, that sampler is so cool!! I hadn't seen it yet, so thanks for sharing. :)

BTW, I'll be in Seattle on Sunday, June 20 during my upcoming trip to WA. I'm not sure what the exact plans for the day are yet. We'll be there cheering on my friend's dad as he participates in the Lance Armstrong LiveStrong ride that day. Are you available that day to possibly get together for a bit? I would love to see you again. :D

Natasha said...

We are having cool temps also :( If it is to be cool I wish it would rain..

Yes, that would be a great RR. Its a cute design.

Take Care

Kim B said...

What a great sampler! Hope your weekend is amazing! Happy Friday!!!

Dani - tkdchick said...

Michele, good for you for getting caught up on your ornaments!

That would be a neat piece for an RR! I don't want to get hoooked into an RR but if you're ever looking for someone to stitch a bit for you I'd be happy to do so... just send a working copy, that's not the sort designs I keep around here!

Tracey said...

That sampler is so pretty! I have that Coffin buzz freebie printed out.. not sure when I'll get to it but it's so cute! Can't wait to see yours!

mainely stitching said...

I had not seen that PN chart but I LOVE it now that I have!

Hoping you'll be able to stay cool!

Brigitte said...

A great new sampler by The Primitive Needle. You made me drool over it and now it has to get on my wish list. Sigh, lol.

Sally said...

Wow I love that sampler!

We've had hot temps here ( not that hot though!) then it went back to cool and it felt like it was so cold after the heat! I don't do heat very well so I'm pleased!

Cindy F. said...

LOVE your new banner:)

That's a beautiful sampler and a great idea for a RR!!

Hey, are you having problems getting on people's blogs! Getting worse every day for me and my computer checks out ok?!

Michelle said...

What a great idea to do this as an RR. It would be fun to have everyone put their initials down at the bottom too. Love it!

Michele B. said...

Now that could be an RR that even I would dare to try (especially for my namesake!) I'm reading about your coffin buzz while drinking my coffee - you make me want to stitch it too.

Sherry said...

Oh I love that new sampler! How neat! I will have to watch for it!

Nancy said...

And, I thought it was hot here! Today it reached 90, but that's the first time this year. Stay cool!

I also love Sampler Sisters of the Thread, and everything else designed by The Primitive Needle!

Ann said...

Michelle, I love it! If you want to start a RR (even if it's only 2 of us) I'll be happy to participate in it.