Saturday, June 27, 2009

Happy Weekend!

I've been stitching and decorating for the 4th .. I love the 4th of July .. the colors, family and friends, the sounds (yep I love fireworks!!), the food and a nice long weekend .. what's not to like *smile*

Thanks to Staci .. she posted this awesome freebie last week and I just had to get home and stitch it .. I just love how it turned out! And DH liked it too :)

Stitched on 32ct Mocha (Silkweavers) with WDS Americana, GAST School House Red and DMC B5200. I found this frame in my stash .. I'm sure I bought it for a particular pattern, but I can't remember which one .. but I do think it's perfect for this heart .. what do you think?


Here's a little of my decorating .. our mantle in the family room. And the new picture on my blog header is a basket of 4th of July pillows sitting on my kitchen table.


BTW if you haven't been checking out Staci's blog lately .. quick go there .. she's been stitching 4th of July designs like a mad woman .. they are all to die for! When I grow up I want to be Staci *smile*

I'm off to watch the Nascar race and stitch. I'm working on an old Bent Creek Patriotic Cracker .. love the colors :) Thank you all for your comments .. I really love reading them! And Chip's doing better these days. His stitches are out and if he can keep from licking his paw we can keep the cone off him .. my walls will be soooo thankful! lol

Have a wonderful Sunday and I hope you find your joy in your stitches ...

I'm grateful for patriotic stitching ...

23 comments:

Karen said...

love all your 4th stitching!! you have way more than i do. but i'm working on it. LOL hugs

Carolyn NC said...

Love all your finishes and decorations. Looks great!

Nancy said...

Your red, white and blue Quaker heart turned out beautiful! Love your 4th of July decorations.

Staci has inspired me too, and I'm busy trying to get a couple done before the 4th! I always think about it too late.

mainely stitching said...

What a great patriotic display! I'd hoped to stitch up a bunch in time for the 4th of July, but as usual my intentions and reality were pretty far apart! LOL!

JillMN said...

I love all of your patriotic stitches and goodies. Your blog looks super with the patriotic theme. Thanks again for taking over the Summer FS. It has been such an exhausting week. Sending you lots of hugs!

Deb said...

Wow Michelle, you stitched up that freebie fast. It looks great. I love patriotic stitching too, but seems that I've always got something else going on and never get to them.

Kellie said...

Love that Quaker Heart! Congrats on your finish. I also love the cute basket filled with patriotic stitching on your header. Nice finishes!

staci said...

Love, love, love your new header and blog look! You sure finished that Quaker heart FAST...it's absolutely adorable. I'm about 1/3 finished with it. I think my patriotic stitching has petered out ;) Or I guess I should say that there's been absolutely no stitching this weekend.

Did I mention I love your header???

Michele B. said...

The frame looks perfect for the Quaker heart - wow you are a fast stitcher. I wish I could see the inside of your house - it must look so festive. Thanks for the little peek at your patriotic goodies.

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Everything looks great ;)
I love the fourth so much that I decorate at Memorial Day and don't take it down until Labor day :)
LOVE your finish, that freebie is darling!

Julie said...

Care to come over to my place and decorate for the 4th?!? I love all your patriotic pieces! Yes, Staci is a stitching champ.

Linda said...

Hi, Michele, I've been doing the same thing.

I love all your decorations and your basket of patriotic pillows is darling. The freebie sure turned out cute....I'm going to make a copy, thanks for sharing....hugs, Linda

Marie said...

Love the redecorating on your blog and thank you for the link to Stacy's blog and freebie. Your frame is perfect!
I should be better about decorating for the holiday(s)...your place looks great.

Sally said...

What a wonderful finish Michele! Have a fantastic 4th July!

Lisa said...

I love all of your 4th of July stitching and your holiday mantel. Your Blog is very festive! Hope you have a great week and holiday weekend!
Take care!
Lisa

Michelle said...

Hi Michele,

Hope you have a fun and safe holiday.. I have that freebie on top of my pile.. someday :)

Michelle

P.S. Thanks for playing Scrabble with me :)

Meredith said...

Michele, I love your new finish! What a great patriotic piece and the frame fits it perfectly! Thanks for sharing!! Meredith

Karen said...

Great job....thanks for sharing the freebie. Can't wait to see your Patriotic Cracker. I know I have this one in my stash but can't remember if I have stitched it....getting old is wonderful!

CindyMae said...

I seen that freebie listed too. Got it printed but have not even thought to begin stitching it. Yours looks fantastic. That is such a gorgeous piece and I love how it looks framed. Great job!!

Cindy Mae
My Store opens July 1st
www.cindymaedesigns.com

Faye said...

These all look so awesome!!! I need you to email me with your snail mail info please!!! Thanks
Faye Riggsbee
carolinastitcher.blogspot.com
lriggsbee@nc.rr.com (lower case L not a number one..)

Kathy A. said...

Wow, love your blog look. That basket is gorgeous and your 4th of July heart is wonderful. Makes me want to wave the flag
1

Cindy F. said...

I really, really love this! and congrats for your beautiful finish!
The frame does look great with it!
I have this in my "to stitch" pile:)

Ranae said...

I Love the July 4th stitched piece.
Have a great 4th weekend!!