Thursday, June 18, 2009

May I introduce to you .. Bella

I've been calling this coffee angel Bella after my favoriate Starbucks coffee, Bella Vista. This is my progress as of Wednesday night .. I'm really enjoying this design .. I wonder if it's because the fabric still smells strongly of coffee??!! lol

The two wips I have been working on a lot lately are mostly letters, which get a bit boring, so I thought I'd pull out another wip to work on for awhile .. lol .. more letters! but another design that I just love!

Last week our chocolate lab Chip cut one of his back paws pretty bad .. a few hours at the all night vet hospital, a few stitches and a drain and we got to bring him home. He's really doing ok, but you wouldn't know if from this picture .. he looks kinda pathetic doesn't he! The head cone is because he won't stop chewing off his bandage ... in fact today, with the head cone on, he still managed to do a good amount of chewing before my DH noticed. Gotta love dogs!


Have you see this new design from Homespun Elegance? Way too cute!


Thank you all for your lovely comments about our 34th wedding anniversary.
It's almost Friday! woo hoo! This weekend is busy with a bbq at my Dad's for 3 birthdays, 2 anniversarys and Father's Day .. then it's brunch with my father-in-law on Sunday. Hope everyone has a great weekend.

I hope you find your joy in your stitches ...

I'm grateful for coffee ...

20 comments:

Maren said...

Bella is beautiful! I really love this design, and one day I'll do her.

Poor Chip. Thankfully dogs heal pretty fast. I'm glad he's okay.

Karen said...

Bella, ahhhhh, just like our little pup Bella (she does have that good chocolate color). LOL

Poor Chip, he is sooo pathetic. poor baby. I think he needs a baby brother named Reggie to keep him company!!!!! ;)

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Both of your WIPS look fantastic! :)
And poor Chip...hope he gets better soon!
And have a great weekend, sounds like your be partying it up!

staci said...

Bella is looking wonderful! I've added maybe two more words, I've been distracted with some patriotic stitching, LOL (CADD!!!) Love your new start too :)

Poor Chip, he does look awfully sad. Have a fun weekend Michele, {{hugs}}

Nancy said...

Your Bella is wonderful! Isn't the aroma of coffee brewing heavenly?

I like that Homespun Elegance chart too! A must for Halloween!

Anonymous said...

Oh, poor pup! Hope his pad heals up quickly.

Leave it alone, Chip --- you'll only make it worse. Dogs! They really don't listen, do they?

Your witch-stitch is adorable.

Have a great weekend. Sounds like you'll be BUSY!

Julie said...

Oh poor Chip! I hope he's recovered soon!
Great start on Bella. I am not a coffee drinker, but I like the pattern. I think I'll stitch it "some day" for one of the many auctions we hold here at work to raise money for different things.
Enjoy your weekend and belated happy anniversary wishes!

Kim B said...

Poor thing! I hope he's feeling better soon!

Your WIPs look great!

stitcherw said...

Nice progress, I like both of your pieces. I can see how the letters would get a bit boring at times though. I did see the new Witches Stitch piece, very cute. So sorry to hear about Chip's paw. I hope it heals quickly.
Sue

Cindy F. said...

Loving the progress on both wips!

Oh poor Chip! I'm sorry he cut his paw and hope he's feeling much better very soon.

Wow! You've got a lot to celebrate this weekend! Hope everyone has a blast!

Sally said...

Nice WIPs there Michelle.

Awww poor Chip. Dogs do have a way of looking very sorry for themselves don't they?!

Have a wonderful weekend!

Lisa said...

Awwww...poor Chip! Those cones are suppose to help, but I think that dogs are smarter than we give them credit. If it itches, scratch - no cone is going to stop that ;)
I love Bella - did you dye the fabric in coffee? If so, it is probably going to be a "scratch and sniff"...
Have a good weekend!

CindyMae said...

Your stitching is looking great! Poor chip! I hope that he heals very quickly!

Carla said...

aww poor Chip, he looks ao sad :(

Great wips, love the fabric you are using for these!

DaisyGirl said...

Your Chip looks pitiful! Just look at those eyes! I need a treat! Pretty please, I won't chew on my paw if you give me a treat!
Bella looks wonderful.
Donna

Marie said...

I'm grateful for coffee as well!!!LOL. I love your Coffee Angel, who is the designer on that one?

Ohhhh how I love the Homespun Elegance Halloween design, so much so that I purchased it last week! :D

I do hope that Chip recovers quickly.

Bre said...

I looove the Homespun Elegance one, that is too cute!

Faye said...

love love it Michelle! My snail is 245 Fieldcrest Rd Southern Pines NC 28387....I am out of town, but am checking your blog..Lovely! Faye

Michelle said...

Hi Michele,

That's cute stuff you're working on.. I hope your puppy is doing better..

Have a great weekend!

Michelle

Linda said...

Hi Michele...love both WIPs. I have Kindred Spirits and think it's going to be a fun stitch, looking forward to starting it.

Hope Chip is better...emergency visits to the vet are no fun...hugs, Linda