Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Weekend and Wips ...

Hope everyone had a great weekend. Mine was busy and productive and still had some time for stitching *smile* Friday night I went to dinner with 3 girlfriends and then back to Pat's house for dominos. Saturday was full of housework for me, DH worked on the deck, he's been rebuilding it and it's almost done! woo hoo :) Saturday night we rented Frost/Nixon. Have you seen it? It was much better than I expected. Frank Langella was incredible as Nixon .. the movie made me want to find the real interview and watch it. Sadly I don't remember seeing them when they were originally on. We definately have had some interesting years in US politics haven't we. Sunday was spent watching nascar, laundry and stitching.

I started another new project, one I bought when I was in Arizona last April. I'm really enjoying this piece. It is called Why Is It? by The Cross-Eyed Cricket. I don't remember the name of the fabric, but it's lovely to stitch on. I'm doing with 2 strands of Belle Soie over 2. I changed the colors from the original .. all the words are in Mahogany and the flowers/leaves will be in Butterscotch, Fern Frond and another color I've misplaced lol. Here's what I've done so far ...


and here's Coffin Buzz that I started last week. I'm stitching this 1 strand over 1 on coffee dyed fabric, that I think is 32 count ... I love how this is stitching up ... isn't the angel adorable .. just a sweet face :)


I've had a few stitchers interested in the Sisters of the Thread sampler ... either participating in an RR with me or stitching on mine for me. I'm really leaning towards starting an RR ... maybe in September. I'm going to order the chart and go from there ... more soon :)
Enjoy your week and I hope you find your joy in your stitches ...

I'm grateful for starts ...

12 comments:

Natasha said...

sounds like a fun fulled weekend. I have been wanting to start the coffee chart for some time. Maybe I jsut will this weekend.

I think I amy be interested in stitching for you on that piece :) Sounds like a fun idea.
Take Care and enjoy your week

staci said...

Terrific new projects! I started Coffin Buzz last week too!!!

Kim B said...

That sounds like a busy and delightful weekend! Your WIPs are fantastic!

Deb said...

Love your new projects. Aren't those silks wonderful to work with> I love the Angel on Coffin Buzz too. Definitely one for my WIP pile one of these days. And I agree with you on the Sisters of the Thread piece. I can't wait to get my hands on it, and I love your idea of a RR on it!

Karen said...

you know you need to count me in for teh RR with you!!! I would definitely do that piece!!
both starts look great!!

Karen said...

Nice stitching. I forgot I had the CEC chart...can't wait to see your progress. It may make me drag it out and put in the pile to do!

LoriRay said...

Love your new projects, especially those threads! :-)

Sally said...

Love both your WIPs Michelle.

Cheryl said...

Like your new starts Michele. Havent seen Frost/Nixon but wanna

Cindy F. said...

I need a girls night out! Sounds so fun!
Pretty new wips:) Can't wait to see more of these!!

Maren said...

LOL, I love the look of Coffin Buzz. That angel really is something else! Lovely new projects!

Kathy A. said...

Love that little pillow. Did you see it done up for my BFF Beatrice! She loved it and laughed lots.