Thursday, July 29, 2010

Retreat Goodies ...

Another reason we go to retreats ... to buy buy buy! Not living close to a LNS I miss fondling fabric, picking up a chart and kitting it up, and discovering that chart you've never seen before but instantly fall in love with. Well I got to do all that ... and boy was it fun!

First up is my Blackbird Design purchases ...
Some kits and some patterns I kitted up ...
assorted charts that I just had to have ...

I fell in love with this wonderful needlecase/scissor keeper ... maybe cause it's red?

Karen and I both bought this kit and started it Thursday evening ... this will be hanging in my kitchen some day ... too cute ...
I found some yummy fabric and kitted up this Christmas ornament from this years JCS preview issue ...
here's some odds and ends ...

and a couple of purchases from the bathroom at The Silver Needle ... lol yep the bathroom. That's where they display all the shop models for sale. I could have bought a few more, but ran out of money and room in my suitcase. The prices were surprisingly great ... would have spent more stitching them myself ... so I got Dash Away (surprised?! lol), a 4th of July Pine Mountain Pillow and a sweet sunflower pillow. Funny quick story about the pillow ... I had brought that chart from home to kit up and start stitching at the retreat ... of course I had to have it when I saw it in the bathroom! It was a very fun trip to the bathroom lol ...

Everyday at the retreat our tables had wonderful gifts for all of us ... fun fun fun ...

Well ladies, that's the last of the retreat ... it was fun showing you all the pictures ... thanks for all your comments ... I love reading them.

Happy Friday!

I hope you find your Joy in your stitches ...

I'm grateful for weekends ...

23 comments:

Meadows08 said...

Oh wow! What great stash! I wish there were retreats within traveling distance for me...

Brigitte said...

Oh, now this is great new stash. This alone would be a good reason to go to retreats, lol. Enjoy!

Belinda said...

I love all your stash, sounds like such a fun retreat! The design you are going to hang in your kitchen is so sweet. :-) It's fun stitching along with someone else.

Karen said...

WOW! That is a great lot of stash you bought and it is all gorgeous! Sounds like you had a blast at the retreat! :)

Sally said...

All your stash looks wonderful Michele and I have to admit I am a little envious!!! Lol!

natalysneedle said...

Great Stash. One of my favorite retreat experiences is the visit to the shops. I also enjoy fondeling fabric and fingering the floss. Sounds like you had a wonderful time.

Deanne J said...

Great stash, can't wait to see some stitching

Deborah said...

The retreat sounded wonderful and the stash you brought home is beyond great.

Linda said...

I've had the best time hearing about the retreat and seeing all your wonderful stash. I thought the bathroom was great too...hugs, Linda

mainely stitching said...

I love it all!! Actually, I've had that chicken kit in my shopping basket several times ... I think I have to "just do it"!!

Faye said...

I keep coming back to these retreat photos and just marveling!!!! You guys had a blast and the stash enhancement is beyong words!!! LOVE IT ALL!!!! Faye

Nancy said...

Oh boy did you have fun Michele! Enjoy all of your new gifts and stash! I know exactly what you mean about never being able to fondle fabrics and look through charts. The closest shop is two hours away from me so I never get to go either. Glad you had such a good time!

Sharon said...

Golly, olly, golly!! If I could plan the perfect stitching week-end, you just described it!! (I mean even having fun during a potty visit???????) :)
I'm glad you had so much fun -
Thanks for sharing all the sweets -I can't wait to see them all stitched up!!

Katrina said...

Great stash!!!!! I've definitely added Silver Needle to my weekend away list :-).

Melanie said...

It goes without saying that that is some pretty rocking stash. I have that same red needle case and I *love* it. Very handy.

Carolyn NC said...

Now that's what I call fun! Great buys and new stash!

Blu said...

Gorgeous stash! That needlecase is lovely.

Sherry :o) said...

Looks like great fun shopping away - and what wonderful gifts too! I am fortunate to have a LNS and even though it's small, they have tons packed in and can get whatever your heart desires. I actually have one 25 min north and one a little over an hour south. And retreats are so good for the health (mental)!! Have fun with your new starts and can't wait to see the progress!

Valerie said...

WOW! What fabulous stash! I too love retreats...there is a reason the word "treat' is in retreat! Enjoy all of your goodies!

Michele B. said...

That ooh sound you hear is the collective sigh of envious stitchers all over the Internet. I'm so glad you had such a good time. And do I count three reindeer in this post? ;--)

Natasha said...

Wow sounds like a ton of fun. Shop modles in the bathroom, the new reading material LOL

You got some beautiful stash there girl. I think it would be fun to go the a GTG like that one day.

Hope all is well in your neck of the woods and you and the family are enjoying your summer so far...This Sunday is the kickoff to football season LOL I love this time of year...FOOTBALL :)

Take Care

Dani - tkdchick said...

Wow did you have fun, and boy did you spend! Great new stash!

Sonda said...

Lovely stash! The retreat looked like a lot of fun! Thanks for sharing all the pics!