Sunday, July 25, 2010

Another reason we go to retreats ...

On Friday The Silver Needle offered two finishing classes taught by finishing extraordinaire Mona. We only took one of the classes, the other one was ornament finishing but we were at the airport picking up Chris during that time. The finishing class we took learning to finish a box ... This will fix Lizzie*Kate's Naughty or Nice pattern from last year. I know I'll be making more of these ... as long as Terry helps cut the mat board lol



Saturday was the 2nd day of our BBD class ... here's a picture of the class piece. It's two projects, one a pin cushion and the other is a needlebook. I finished the stitching for the pin cushion on Sunday, but haven't started the needlebook stitching yet. Speedy stitcher Joan has finished it and it's lovely ... check out her blog. One of the techniques we learned was how to finish a paper mache' box to look like it is worn leather. It was sooo easy and I can't wait to make more.

Alma and Barb brought a lot of their samplers and other projects to us to drool over ... Cathy has some great pictures of the samplers on her blog. I do love how they display their stitching ...



I am really glad I had the opportunity to meet and take classes from Alma, Barb and Mona. I can't wait to try the new things I learned.

One last picture to this post ... the Vera Bradley corner ... heaven in color!

Thanks everyone for your comments ... I've enjoyed reading them and I've met a couple of new bloggers ... what fun! Yes I do have one more post to do about the retreat ... my purchases lol

I hope you find your Joy in your stitches ...

I'm grateful for new finishing techniques ...

14 comments:

Laura said...

Take me to the Vera corner now!!!!! What fun! That store looks so fab!

Can't wait to see your purchases!!! Lots of pics please!!!

Katrina said...

Looks like you had a great weekend!!!! Thanks for sharing all the pictures.

Katrina said...

Looks like you had a great weekend!!!! Thanks for sharing all the pictures.

Mama Joan said...

Glad to see your finish on the pin cushion, I will be waiting to see the needle book:) Is it time for another retreat yet?????

Sherry said...

Thanks for sharing! Looks like such a fun weekend!

Sally said...

LOVE that box Michele and can't wait to see your finished BBD pieces. I wish I could see that Vera Bradley corner in person! Would love to treat myself to one of those bags!

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

They are awful cute, those boxes :)

Nancy said...

Looks like you've been having lots of fun!

I also love to see pictures of Barb and Alma's displays. They use just the right touch to make them so unique and pretty! Lucky you that you saw them in person.

Meadows08 said...

I bet you had a fabulous time! Love the BBD pieces you stitched.

Linda said...

What a sweet box and love the BBD stitch. Looking forward to seeing all your purchase...now I'm going to pop over to the other girls blogs....hugs, Linda

Sherry :o) said...

again, looks great in all aspects! Can't wait to see your purchases - it is always fun to see, living vicariously through others...I love when I'm with my friends, pawing through their purchases without spending money is almost as good as owning it myself!

Jan said...

Michele, what a lovely time you must have had! I love all of the pictures!!

Jenn said...

I'm really enjoying reading all your posts from your retreat.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like loads of fun! I enjoyed reading about it all. great stashing.