Thursday, July 22, 2010

Old and New Friends ...

On Friday all the ladies started arriving for the retreat. One of my favorite things about going to stitching retreats is spending time with woman share my passion for cross stitch ... My dear friend Karen lives in Arizona and luckily we've been able to see each other at least once a year. Here we are at The Silver Needle ...

A week or so before the retreat I found out that Joan was coming to the retreat too. I've been reading Joan's blog for a while now and she and I belong to a small exchange group ... in fact she's my exchange partner ... I was soooooo excited that we were going to get to meet in person! Joan such a nice person, funny and omgosh she's a quick stitcher!

I got to meet another blogger that came along with Joan ... Cathy, who's blog I've been reading for a long time now but didn't put two and two together ... I wanted to put them both in my purse and bring them home with me *smile* Ladies, It'm so glad I got meet both of you ...

Another dear friend of mine also attended the retreat. I've known Chris for quite a while now and always enjoy when we get to meet up ... Chris stayed with Karen and I ... and yes we do stitch, I have the proof! lol
and they like Starbucks too *smile*


Friday was spent visiting and shopping during the day but there was also a place for us all to stitch and stitch and wait for Barb and Alma to arrive ... and dinner too ...
Barb and Alma Arrive! Here's a picture of our hostess Lindy, Barb and Alma ...

After dinner we received our first class project ... what a wonderful presentation of the little kits ...
Inside was fabric, floss, buttons, rickrack and an alphabet chart. Everything we needed to make a pin pillow. Some ladies finished there's Friday night, stitching and listening to Alma and Barb sharing their stories. I didn't finish mine until Saturday ... it was such a fun little stitch ...


On Saturday they took a group picture of all the "babies" that were in all stages of finish ... aren't they cute! and all so different ...


Well if you are still reading this long long post, like me you probably have to go potty! lol ... I still have more to share another day.

Special shout outs to Karen and Yvonne for sharing your pictures with me. And also to Mary, who was the photographer for SN.

I hope you find your Joy in your stitches ...

I'm grateful for old and new friends ...

14 comments:

Laura said...

Thanks for sharing these pictures!!! I know from first hand experience (lucky me!) how fun it is to spend time with Barb and Alma. Also, I have been lucky enough to be surrounded by great stitchy friends and it is one of life's greatest pleasures!

You flew from Washington to OK!! Wow, that is so cool!

Mary said...

Thanks for sharing your pictures, Michele. Looks like you had a great time. I have known Lindy for years and we meet at the Stitching Festivals each year. I haven't had the opportunity to visit Tulsa but someday...I'm sure you have added well to your stash. THe SN is awesome!

Melissa said...

I'm jealous that you got to meet Joan! I'm the lucky recipient of her goodies in our exchange group and her stitching is just exquisite! I would love to meet her, too. :)

I'm thoroughly enjoying this retreat vicariously through your blog. I can't wait for the next installment! :)

Brigitte said...

The retreat must have been heaven for you ladies. And as I don't have a LNS either I can easily imagine what it is like to get into a shop like The Silver Needle. Another heaven-like experience, lol.

jayne@~an eye for threads~ said...

Looks like sooooo much fun.
Be always in stitches.

Belinda said...

Thanks for the great pics! I really want to go to a stitchy retreat now!!

Faye said...

I am so very happy that ALL you ladies got to go to the retreat...I am SO jealous..lol...

Your pictures make me want to save up just to try to get to one~

Love the basket of kits...Wasnt that cute/??

Take care, Faye

Shari said...

oh wow!!!!!!! How fun.........I so miss retreats...havent' been to one in a LONG time!!! It looks like you all had a wonderful time!

BrendaS said...

It was so nice meeting you at the retreat. I think everybody had such a wonderful time.

Thanks for sharing all your great pictures.

Linda said...

I've had more fun reading about your retreat and bouncing around and reading the other blogs...you all had the best time.

It looks like things couldn't have been nicer...your pin piece is so sweet....all the goodies you got and bought are wonderful! Isn't the Silver Needle amazing and I thought Lindy was the nicest...I'd love to get back there again and even go on retreat(meeting the BB gals must have been a great treat)...we'll see:).

Have a happy weekend enjoying all your new goodies...hugs, Linda

Melanie said...

All the pictures of this retreat are *killing* me. Arggggghhhhhh. I am so so jealous. lolol (But thank you for sharing the pics. I do love them. ;))

Nancy said...

Oh boy does this look like fun! I'm so glad you got to spend some time with friends, and meeting Barb and Alma must have been the icing on the cake!

Sally said...

Wonderful pictures Michele:) Thank you for charing them. Love the kits. Your finished piece is gorgeous.

Unknown said...

I am so tickled that you all got to meet up at the SN retreat!! Of course, I am jealous too! I am going to have to get my act together and save up for another year!!

I miss you and your wonderful laugh!!