Friday, April 04, 2008

TGIF Everyone ...

I have to say it's been a long time since I've looked soooo forward to a Friday. Not because we're doing anything special this weekend .. I'm just really glad this stupid week is over. Not to go into lots of gory details, let's just say I'm a 54 year old woman still going through the change .. working on day 10 of a pretty horrible cycle. Tuesday night I had a new experience that scared DH and I, had my dr on the phone off and on for a couple of hours and consumed lots of ibuprofen. Thank goodness for my dr ... I just love that woman :) I did go into her office Wednesday to get checked out further .. doesn't seem to be anything serious other than menopause, but I get to have a pelvic ultrasound next week just to rule out anything else. Ah the joys of being a woman! lol

Wednesday, after my dr. appt, I was feeling pretty sorry for myself so I stopped by our local Barnes and Noble .. needing a little pick me up, I was hoping I could find the Big Book of Cross Stitch Designs that Staci and Becky have been talking about on their blogs. Of course I was very interested in the cute red bird! B&N had the book and I must stay it's a lovely book .. filled with all kinds of wonderful designs .. here's a few examples ... lots of variety ...












Look at what else jumped out at me while I was wandering around B&N .. I just love the colors and I couldn't pass up this coffee cup ... it's perfect! and who doesn't need another little storage bag ... or 4 or 5 ...


lol ... I just couldn't resist .. they are red after all *smile*


I did get some stitching done this week. I finished LHN's Schoolgirl Lessons. What a lovely pattern this is. I stitched it with the recommended Rose Of Sharon Soie Belle Silk. Gosh I love this silk .. it feels sooo great stitching with it. I don't know what kind of fabric I used, it was just a piece that looked good with the silk. I'm not sure how I want this finished, but Vonna and I were talking about this design mounted on a blackboard .. she really does have some awesome ideas!


I'm participating in a SAL that the LHN Yahoo group is having. I'm stitching Sunflower Sampler. I love the fabric called for on this design ... it's 28 count Little Boy Blue Linen. What a delightful fabric to stitch on.


Not much going on this weekend for us ... which is just the kind of weekend I need. Hope everyone has a great weekend.
I'm grateful for a supportive family ...


15 comments:

Nic said...

I hope that whatever the problem is, your health is soon back to normal!

I love your works in progress, they look very pretty.

Michelle said...

Hi Michele,
I'm sorry you had such a crummy week..your trip to B&N looks like quite the pick me up. I'm loving those red storage bags! Great job on stitching..I'm stitching today during the Final Four games! Go KU!

Feel better..sendin' you some sunshine!

Michelle

Karen said...

Hey girl, i hope you are feeling better! menopause sucks! i was forced into it with the hysterectomy, it sometimes suck being a girl. big hugs to you! Great finish on the schoolgirl and the sunflowers are looking good. I am starting today the Rose Sampler for the LHN spring SAL. I just joined the group a couple days ago, i saw it on Mary Kathryn's site.
have a peaceful and all about you weekend! love ya!

Ruth said...

Hugs, dear MaryEllen! Here's to a perfect weekend..... however you want to spend it.

lol How'd that coffee-themed cup manage to find you? lol

Sally said...

Aww Michele I'm so sorry you've had an awful week {{{{hugs}}}} Yep menopause is the pits for some women. Wish we were ones who sailed through with no problems.

The book you got looks brilliant and your WIPS are lovely. I have Schoolgirl Lessons on the way to me. Finger's crossed it might be here tomorrow.

Amy said...

Michele, my belle, I hope you are feeling better very soon!! Let us know what your test results are... PBS that all is okay. You're just normally abnormal, ya know? ;-) Yes, I knopw, it's coming for me & you will remind me I said this, right?

I ordered the RD Book last week.... I NEEDED it ya knwo? ;-) Yeah, sure, we both NEEDED it! Your LHN finish is cute... I'm sure Vonna will do a great finishing job.

Take care of yourself & happy stitching!!! Hugs!

Amy said...

PS - I do KNOW how to type KNOW, you KNOW? I really do!! My fingers are just not working right this morning. It must be old age creeping up on me! LOL

Kim B said...

Oh I hope things go back to normal for you soon! It looks like you got some stitching things accomplished and purchased, though. That's always fun :)

staci said...

I hope you are feeling better~~sometimes being a woman stinks!!! But love your shopping therapy, LOL! That is so funny, because I also have the stuff for the pattern of those 3 little flowers and that long-legged bird!

Now those red bags...hmmm, I may have to check out a B&N to see what trouble I can find there!!!

Cheryl said...

That book looks great! I love that LHN finish, that is one i definitely must stitch some day. Look forward to seeing how it's finished!
Hope you feel better {{hugs}}

Anna van Schurman said...

Are those red bags mesh? Because the new book Cross Stitch Graffiti (by monsterbubbles designer Heather Holland-Daly) has patterns that call for them. Did you get them at B&N too?

Hope you're feeling better.

mainely stitching said...

Oh gosh, I didn't realize you were going through all this. I'm so sorry - and I do hope that an end is in sight.

Love your purchases!!

Carla said...

Hope you are feeling better.
Love your project bags and your LHN finish looks great!

stitcherw said...

Oh my you did find some wonderful goodies. What a great book, and I love the cup and other items. I'm sorry you're having such a rotten week. Going through the change is no fun. I got to miss some of it, as had a hysterectomy when I was younger, but other aspects of it I've been through. I hope your symptoms ease for you soon.

Your stitching looks wonderful too. I love Schoolgirl Lessons and have it in my stash also, although I'll be doing mine in a lovely deep blue called Mer Bleu. Take care,
Sue

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

I'm trying to catch up with everything since it's 3 a.m. and I can't sleep might as well catch up on my blogs, right?! Anyway...I'm so sorry that you have been ill...I did see from a later post that your U/S came out ok. Thank heaven's for that. Wishing you lots of love and healing thoughts.
Your SGS looks LOVELY Michele...saw those chalkboards at Hobby Lobby, Michaels and Joann's the other day..so go get one girl!