Sunday, March 30, 2008

Sunday ...

Hope everyone had a great weekend .. mine was pretty quiet but nice. Friday night DH and I rented Beautiful Ohio .. has anyone seen it? It was on OnDemand .. a IFC movie with Rita Wilson William Hurt. Very good, but off the wall movie. And I learned something new about Ohio during the movie .. you have a very pretty state song :) While we watched the movie I put the finishing touches on Good Morning (needed the charms) and finished up Rosy too .. they both were very fun to stitch.






I joined a new blog a couple weeks ago ... Monthly Finishes Challenge. Making a pinkeep was the challenge for March. This is the 2nd pinkeep I've made. This one went together much better than the first, but I still have lots of practicing to do before I would ever give one away :) I stitched this last October .. I thought it was perfect for a pinkeep ... and I added the needle that I stitched it with in the heart. I thought it was a cute touch.

I had picked out a couple of different fabrics/ribbons for this piece ... I asked Robert what he thought ... this was the fabric and ribbon he liked the most ... I love the flowers and the dots on the ribbon .. busy, but I think it works with the simple stitched piece.


and dammmm I really did iron this! lol


Sunday I worked on the L*K double flip-its .. hopefully I'll have a picture to share soon.

Thanks for all the comments about my colorful red laptop and the Tree of Me box ... I really do enjoy hearing from all of you :) Barbara I do think you should cross stitch yourself a new cover *smile*

I'm grateful for nice weekends ...


13 comments:

Karen said...

great finishes! I love the pinkeep, especially the backing fabric, funky just the way i like them! LOL I made my first one last night will post later. Doug is now home so hopefully no more snow for you. LOL

mainely stitching said...

LOL! I'm tempted - it sure would jazz up my PC time!

Hey, those are some great finishes! The finishing fabric for your pinkeep is extremely cool. :D

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Ohhhh...love those finishes and I think you did a STUPENDOUS job on the pinkeep! You go girl! Your gonna run me out of business :)

Irene said...

Great finishes, love the pinkeep !

Kim B said...

Everything turned out so great! And I absolutely love your pinkeep! The needle is a great touch.

Chelle said...

Great finishes! I love the floral fabric on your pinkeep. Too cute!

Sally said...

Your finishes are lovely Michele. Love the pinkeep!

Marie said...

So many great finishes, congratulations on that. Please, please, please who is the designer of Good Morning? This is a must have for me. :)

stitcherw said...

You've certainly been productive. Two finishes and another finishing finish. They all look wonderful.
Sue

Ruth said...

Dang, GF. Do you have to stitch so fast??????

Carla said...

Great finishes! You pikeep is beautiful, love the fabric and ribbon..great job!

Lelia said...

Great job on the stitching AND finishing!! These are fantastic projects : )

Crossed Yarns said...

Michele, that Just one more stitch pinkeep is so cute! Can you tell me who the designer is? I'm looking for companion pieces for my Sweetheart Tree Don't Bug me when I'm stitching which is hanging on the wall in my crafting place.
Regards, Pokua