Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Red and wonderful ...

I had just a nice surprise yesterday in the mail. A couple of weeks ago Staci posted about a little contest she was having. She was trying to come up with a catch phrase for her blog and which ever one she picked would get a little gift from her. Well, she received so many great ideas she couldn't make up her mind yet .. so she threw all our names in a bowl and mine was picked :) Look at what Staci stitched for me ... how perfect for me! lol
DH loved the buttons :) She also sent along some yummy kisses in an adorable tin. Thanks Staci for stitching this fun towel for me .. ya know I love it :) Now I can't wait to see what you come up with for your catch phrase!

The last couple of nights I've been stitching on Peppermint Twist. I'll take pictures tomorrow .. I just adore the fabric and the silk .. yummy! Have you visited our PT SAL blog yet? Come over and take a peek .. it's such fun to see all the differences!
On the job front .. we had a meeting with my manager yesterday about the layoffs. Layoff notices are supposed to be handed out this Friday. My group of 13 is only losing one person to this round of layoffs, and deep breath, it isn't me. It's always so hard to go through layoffs .. you're happy it's not you, but sad that one of your coworkers has to leave .. and unfortunately we've been told this won't be the last layoffs .. I know it's like this out there for a lot of you. Positive thoughts for everyone. Thank you all for your comments .. I love reading them all :)

I hope you find your joy in your stitches ...

I'm grateful for having a job ...






9 comments:

Cindy F. said...

Love the towel from Staci! She is so creative:)
Glad you still have your job! Best wishes for the future:)

Jean said...

Sweet gift!!! I've noticed lots of people using different closing statements since Staci posted that request!

I know it's bittersweet at work right now. But since I know you and not your coworkers, I'm filled with joy for your good fortune!

Layoffs here have been so incredible. There have been news articles about Xerox handing out tons of pink slips and in a number of cases, both husband and wife were let go at the same time. How devastating for their families.

On a happier note - I'm happy we all have each other in blogland to support one another and to share a wonderful art - cross stitch!

Carolyn NC said...

I love your towel - it is just so cute! Nice gift. Your blog looks fantastic, btw. Hope everything goes well with work and the layoffs stop!

Kathy A. said...

What a gorgeous towel. She certainly knew what you would like.

Kim B said...

Such a sweet little towel! Lucky you!

It must be stressful and disruptive to be going through the layoffs at work. We are sure to keep everyone who is going through difficult times right now in our prayers.

staci said...

I'm so glad you like your towel...I had a lot of fun stitching it!

These are tough times and it is hard to see good people losing they're jobs, what a relief that you've still got yours.

Brigitte said...

Such a nive little gift from Staci. I wish you all the best at work and keep my fingers crossed for you.

Shelleen said...

the towel looks great!

Cheryl said...

Great gift from Staci!
Layoffs all over the place over here too, an anxious time for so many. Glad your job is okay at the moment