Sunday, October 26, 2008

Day One ...

The first couple of days in Myrtle Beach, this was the view from my room ...

Yep, the Atlantic Ocean was right outside my door! Gotta love it :) I arrived in MB on Saturday morning .. note to self, NEVER take the redeye flight again, NEVER! It wouldn't have been so bad if I could have checked into my room shortly after I arrived, unfortunately my room wasn't ready until about 3:00pm. Thank goodness for Starbucks and WiFi (yea, silly me took my laptop, not sure I'll do that again either! lol) I was able to kill a couple of hours, when grocery shopping and then my room was ready .. and I was ready for it! lol Got in my room, unpacked, walked on the beach a bit and then crashed for a couple of hours. Spent the rest of the evening stitching and watching the Nascar race ... here's my home away from home ...


Sunday morning Karen from Arizona arrived, she won't do the redeye again either! lol .. we spent Sunday walking on the beach, catching up with each other, stitching and just relaxing. Monday was pretty much the same, beach walking, stitching, chatting and eating .. god is was heaven! Monday night our friend Fiona arrived from Scotland, yep Scotland! I think this was Fiona's 8th or 9th Pals Fall Fling. Another trip to the airport to pick Fiona up (good think the airport is only 7 minutes away! lol) and then back to our room to stitch and gab and to complain about stitching over one! lol
Tuesday Karen had planned an outting for us. We headed to Charleston with Sharon and her husband Jim and sweet baby Josh. Here's the bridge going into Charleston .. I fell in love with this bridge .. there's a lot more pictures in my webshots album

062
We were all starving by the time we got to Charleston .. here's the girls outside the restaurant .. from left to right, Sharon (PA), Karen (AZ) and Fiona (Scotland).

We walked all over Charleston .. ended up down by the Rainbow Houses, they were incredible! Huge homes, just dripping southern charm .. you can see a few in my webshots album. Here's another picture of the crew ... Karen, Fiona, Sharon and her DH Jim and Josh, who's about 13 months and stole all our hearts over the week. There's some really sweet pictures of him in my album too ...


On our way in Charleston, there's a stretch of highway where you'll find these basketstands and women selling the most amazing Seagrass baskets. OMG they are lovely! I bought two, one for
Monica and one for myself. I found this link that tells the history of the baskets ... This is the one I bought for Monica ...

And this one is mine ... I really wanted a couple more, especially the bigger baskets .. but wow, the prices were quite high!

Well this brings us to Wednesday and the arrival of more and more friends ... more later from me .. but I have seen a few bloggers already updating with their stories ... here's a few ... enjoy!
I'm grateful for time with my stitching friends ...

12 comments:

Shelleen said...

thanks for sharing. Looks like it was a nice day :-)

Melissa said...

Looks like a fun time! I hear you on those red-eye flights, too. I came back from Hawaii yesterday on the red-eye. Blech!

I.will.never.ever.do.that.again!

Jennifer said...

We stayed in a beachfront room on our honeymoon and it was one of the best hotel experiences ever. There's nothing quite like looking out the window at the surf!

That bridge looks very similar to Boston's Zakim Bridge.

And yes, those baskets are ridiculously expensive. I have a teeny tiny one on our tree that was costly - I don't even like to think about how much the bigger ones cost!

Unknown said...

sounds like you had fun!

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

I've been enthusiastically reading all these lovely posts about the good times had at MB...oh I hope someday I can go!

Dani - tkdchick said...

Wow looks like a great trip! NOw I want to go to Charleston!

Cheryl said...

Sounds fun! Someone actually came over from Scotland??!!

Sally said...

I bet you had a great time Michele!

Wendy said...

It sounds like a great trip! I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed it so well. There is nothing like a little stitching get-away!

Ruth said...

Dang! Look at all that fun I missed. Hmmmm.

Say, where are the RESt of the pics?????

Jean said...

I'm so jealous!! I'd take a red eye if it meant being on a beach! I work nights - no sweat!

I'm glad you had such a wonderful time. What a nice treat for yourself and your friends.

Carol R said...

I've just been catching up on my blog reading. Oh my your trip sounds wonderful! I really must look to booking one of these retreats! Anyone want a Brit roomie?