Thursday, July 10, 2008

Another exchange ...

I participated in a Christmas in July exchange that Simone hosted. The person stitching for me was Jeanine. She stitched this wonderful Christmas ornament for me .. don't you just love that reindeer!
She also sent me some Christmas fabric, a skein of the prettiest Gloriana silk and a kit of Christmas ornaments.

Oh and look at the postcard .. it's real Dutch cows! Jeanine is from The Netherlands and the postcard is from where she works .. sooo cool! Thank you Jeanine, I can't wait for Christmas so I can hang this lovely ornament on my tree :)


In between stitching on exchanges, I've been working on Bent Creek's Joy and on CCN's Summer Joy .. I'll post a picture of Summer Joy over the weekend .. but here's BC's Joy so far ... I really love this piece! But then don't I say that about everything I'm stitching??!! lol

Hope everyone is having a great week .. enjoy your summer and getting lots of stitching done .. your blogs are certainly busy busy busy :)

DH and I are going to see Stevie Wonder in concert tomorrow night .. I am soo excited! We paid more than we should have for the tickets, but he is one of our most favorite music artist. We saw him back in 73, it was his Talking Book tour. In our opinion, Talking Book was definately one of his best albums ever .. a close 2nd would be Songs in the Key of Life. There's a song from Talking Book called You and I. I guess you could call this "our song" .. the first time we heard Stevie sing it live, it touched both of us .. ya know when of those moments when you smile at your significant other, lock eyes, squeeze each others hands and you just know it spoke to both of you. I really can't wait to hear him 30 odd years later, I hope he sings it. Here's the lyrics ...


"You And I"
Here we are on earth together,
It's you and I,
God has made us fall in love, it's true,
I've really found someone like you
Will it say the love you feel for me, will it say,
That you will be by my side
To see me through,
Until my life is through
Well, in my mind, we can conquer the world,
In love you and I, you and I, you and I
I am glad at least in my life I found someone
That may not be here forever to see me through,
But I found strength in you,
I only pray that I have shown you a brighter day,
Because that's all that I am living for, you see,
Don't worry what happens to me
Cause' in my mind, you will stay here always,
In love, you and I, you and I, you and I, you and I
In my mind we can conquer the world
In love, you and I, you and I, you and I

I'm off to stitch and watch Burn Notice .. we are all excited that the summer shows are here! lol ... enjoy your weekend .. be safe and dry and cool .. weird weather all over the US this summer!
and thanks for all your comments .. I really enjoy this stitching blogging community .. you guys are the greatest :)
I'm grateful for music ...

21 comments:

mainely stitching said...

What a COOL ornament!!! And aren't Dutch cows the best? ;)

Wendy said...

That's a great ornament and lovely goodies that you received! The BC looks great.

Have a wonderful time at the concert!

Andrea said...

Lovely ornament. Have a great time at the concert.

Karen said...

I love that ornament, i have that pattern to stitch some day. Have a blast tonight, I'm sure you will!

Charlene said...

Wow .. the ornament look great. The progress of BC was wonderful.

Shelleen said...

what a great exchange. Have a great time at the concert.

stitcherw said...

What a lovely exchange, and your BC Joy is looking great too. Looking forward to seeing your progress on CCN's Summer Joy, I also have that in my stash. Have a wonderful time at the concert.
Sue

DaisyGirl said...

Thank you Michele! I got a suprise in the mail yesterday! what a sweet thing to do! I have met so many sweet and caring new friends through cross stitch blogger!
You are special!
Hugs,
Donna

CJ in OK ;-) said...

What a great ornament from Jeanine and your BC Joy is coming along nicely. This is one of Bent Creek's best in some time. Looking forward to seeing the CCN Joyful Summer pic. Happy Stitching (and concert), CJ

Michelle said...

Stevie Wonder! How lucky.. have a wonderful time.

Michelle

Deb said...

Lovely exchange package. :) Hope you had a great time at the concert. It's great to know there are other Burn Notice fans out there, love the show.

Elza said...

Hello Michele the beautifull Christmas in Jyly exchange is in Harlingen. It is beautiful and I am so happy.
The ornament and the goodies are lovely.
Thanks en greeting Elza.

Kathy A. said...

Lovely ornament and those cows - well!
Love your BC piece.
Enjoy the concert!!! Lucky you

Sally said...

What a wonderful ornament Michele. It's beautiful!

Love your progress on the BC and looking forward to seeing your CCN:)

I hope you had a fantastic time at the Stevie Wonder concert!

staci said...

Congrats on a wonderful ornie exchange!!!

Dani - tkdchick said...

What a great ornaemnt to receive!

Your WIP is looking great!

DaisyGirl said...

Hope you have fun at the Stevie Wonder concert! what a sweet ornament!
Donna

Einschies blog said...

Michele do you remember you like the coffee hearts I stitched for my friend??? Tzhey are released now so if you want to, I can send you one, perhaps you have a trade list or something like this????

I am on vacation from 26th July until 10th August, if you don´t hear anything from me;-))

Gaby from Germany

Michele B. said...

Hi - I just awarded you the Kreativ Blogger award. See my blog!

Sally said...

Hey Michele you have an award! Please see my blog!

Kim B said...

What a great little ornament! And your BC looks amazing too!