Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Happy Halloween!! fixed pictures .. I hope!

I hope everyone has a fun and safe Halloween .. with no rain on those cute trick or treaters and lots of candy *smile* .. Do your kids sort their candy when they get home? I remember when I was younger my brother and I would empty our pillow cases (yes we trick or treated with pillow cases! lol) in the middle of the living room .. mom and dad would do check to make sure there wasn't anything odd in our candy stash and then mom got first pick from both our piles! Then my brother and I would spend the next 30 mins sorting and trading our candy .. I loved watching my kids sort and trade .. it's one part of this silly holiday that I reall miss .. that and walking the neighborhood with the other parents and our kids .. and of course the older the kids got the further back we parents had to walk! ohhh what fun!

Thought I'd share a few pictures of my house and our halloween/fall decorations .. this is our fireplace mantel in the family room

My dad made these shelves for me .. they are really for my salt and pepper collection, but during the holidays, I take down my regular S&P's and decorate with halloween/fall and then Christmas stuff .. I have a wonderful collection of Christmas S&P shakers .. I'll share pictures later of those ..

Justa little decoration on the kitchen table ...

and this is the window over my kitchen sink ...


Boo!

I'm grateful for Halloween memories ...

14 comments:

staci said...

Very festive Halloween decorations!
My kids do the sort and trade thing too, and I always get one of the 'good' pieces from someone :)

mainely stitching said...

Gosh, I love memories of Halloween, too. Here, it still hasn't caught on, but we made a party of it at home. I remember mom going through my candy, too, though she never ate any of it. ;)

Ruth said...

Cool. I'm coming to your house! :) speaking of visits -- have fun with Chris!!!!!

Melissa said...

Very cool decorations, Michele! Yep, my sibs and I always sorted and traded candy before we really ate anything. The only thing mom would let us have before she checked it was the candy that came from relatives. Other than that, we had to wait until we got home.

Sally said...

I can't see your decorations:( I've got a red cross in a box.

Hope you had a wonderful Halloween!

The Silver Thistle said...

Awwww, I can't see any pics :(

I bet it all looks spooky though, lol

Michelle said...

Darn, I can't see the pictures either :(

Michelle said...

I can see the pictures now! Pretty stuff! I love all your Halloween stitching, I need to get busy!

I have that witch ornament from Wizard of Oz too! I put it on my Christmas tree (since I'm from Kansas) :)

Thanks for sharing all your pretties.

Cheryl said...

Loved seeing all your decorations! Halloween isn't so popular here

Shelleen said...

I love how you desorated, beautiful house. I miss trick or treating. We don't get any kids where I live and I always dressed up with my kids.

The Silver Thistle said...

Just came back to see if the pics would show for me yet.....and they doo!

How wonderful your decorations look! REally halloween-y :)

Nancy said...

I love all your Halloween decorations! Halloween is such a fun holiday to decorate for, isn't it? I will look forward to your Christmas pictures!

The shelves your Dad built are really pretty.

Wanda said...

Love all of your decorating and yes I remember those pillow cases too, things used to be so simple!!

Sally said...

I can see your piccies now! They are brilliant:)