Sunday, March 24, 2013

Let's talk about happier things ...

Thanks everyone for your comments and hugs about Maddy.  We were very blessed to have 13 years with her.  I'm not sure who misses her more, Terry and I or Chip, our chocolate lab ... he's a very sad pup right now.

Now on to happier things ... stiching and crafting!!  I finished February's Word Play a couple of weeks ago.  This is a sweet stitch and I love how it turned out.
February Word Play by With Needle and Thread
stitched on a misc piece of linen with
recommended WDW threads

I finished Sew Irish by Carol at iStitch last week.  I really enjoyed stitching this one ..
Sew Irish by iStitch
stitched on misc piece of linen
with Crescent Colours Grasshopper and 
recommended DMCs

Monica and I are still doing Craft Night every Tuesday evening ... being the Queen of Shadow Boxes I had to make one for St. Patrick's Day and one for Easter.  I really have fun doing these and love how they are turning out ...


As promised here are the finished pieces that Faye did for me last month ... I can't believe how lovely she finishes our stitching!  I was overwhelmed and smiling from ear to ear when I opened the box from her and saw these beauties .. enjoy looking!

I love the added detail of the beaded hanger ...
Faye finished a Fair and Square exchange piece into a box ... she put the 2nd square in the lid of the box ... love love love it!





I love the chunky hanger and the button ...

It's hard to pick my favorite out of all these lovely finishes ... but I think this would be high on my list ... a lovely table runner ... can't wait till Christmas to use it!



Thanks for visiting ... I love hearing from all of you!  I hope March is being good to you!

I hope you find your Joy in your stitches ...

I'm grateful for having dogs in my life ...

21 comments:

cucki said...

Aww such sweet stitching...everything is so beautiful xxx

Vickie said...

Wow! Now you really have a lot of items finished and done. Beautiful.
I am grateful for dogs in my life too.♥

denise said...

wow,love all the reindeer patterns! where did you find them? denise

Carolyn NC said...

Wonderful stitching and finishes!

butterfly said...

Lots of lovely stitching and lovely green and Easter goodies thanks for sharing hugs.

Carol said...

I love your latest Wordplay finish, Michele!! I think I'll start on April's this month--I do love that bunny riding in his seed wagon! Enjoy all those wonderful finishes from Faye--you two make a great team :)

Charlene ♥ NC said...

Great stitching! I'm working on those Word Plays now, too. And Faye's finishes to your stitched pieces are very special, too!
Be well - stitch on!

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

I love your shadow boxes :) They are so sweet! And what glorious finishing Faye did :)

Barb said...

I love all your finishes!! Loosing a dear pet is so difficult!!

Mouse said...

oooo well done on your finishes .... and love how fay has finished them ... that runner is gorgeous isn't it ... and those shadow boxes are cute ... not tried to make on of those yet :) love mouse xxxxxx

Melanie said...

Such fabulous, lovely stitching!!! Gosh, I love those Wordplay ones, every time they pop up in my blog roll. What is wrong with me that I haven't done one up yet? lol

♥ Nia said...

Lovely stitching :)
hugs&smiles

Dani - tkdchick said...

Congratulations on your recent finishes they're lovely esp. Carol's design.

Wow look at all that amazing finishing! Thank you for the bday wishes!

Catherine said...

Your shadow boxes are adorable! What a fabulous group of finishes ~ Faye did a great job showcasing your stitches!

Maggee said...

Great eye candy on this post--it is hard to pick a favorite. Do love the table runner and also the chunky button and chenille finish! I intend to stitch Sew Irish one of these days--gotta purchase it first! Happy Easter!

Sally said...

Gorgeous stitching Michele and lovely finishing by Faye.

Fiona said...

Great stitching and you must have had a great time with your box of finishes from Faye they all look beautiful.

Anne said...

You are on a roll with the finishes!! Love the Word Plays!! Faye does an amazing job with finishing. The button trim is my favourite!

Marie said...

I hope that Chip is doing okay...dogs do mourn as well.

Love your shadow boxes, just too cute.

The St. Pat Dat xstitch is neat, you do not see that many designs for this wonderful Irish holiday.

Wow, so many wonderful finishes by Faye...I too love the idea of a table runner...may need to make one of those!

Unknown said...

What great finished! TFS :)

Carol R said...

Lovely stitching Michele. Like your Sew Irish - how will you finish this? Can I feature this on my blog please?