Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Hot off the ironing board ...


I'm in a reindeer kinda mood these days ... surprised?  lol  These are two older designs.  The first one by The Prairie Schooler I started back in 2011 ... I'm really happy to have it done.  I wanted the date to be the year I finished the piece, it's charted with 2011.  Luckily I have a wonderful hubby that could see a three for me where I couldn't *smile*  and yes it looks a bit rounded ... I layed it on the couch to take the picture ...
 Comin' to Town by The Prairie Schooler
stitched with recommended fabric and threads

I've had this design printed out for a couple of years ... I don't remember where I found it, but it was a free design ... a blogger had stitched just this part of the entire chart and well yea, I fell in love!  I'm sure you'll agree he's a beauty!
Unknown designer
stitched on a misc piece of fabric with these
Belle Soie colors ... Teddy Bear for the reindeer, Attic Tea
for the leaves, Poison Apple for the flowers and 
Tortoise Shell for the bottom border

I'm off to work on another couple of wips that I'd like to finish up this year.  Hope everyone is having a great week!

I hope you find your Joy in your stitches ...

I'm grateful for cold weather ...


19 comments:

Deb said...

Love your two pieces!!! I think that there is something timeless about those PS designs. They never seem to go out of style and it's always fun to see one of them stitched.

lynda said...

These are both great! I hope someone recognizes that reindeer...i'd love to find it to stitch.

Barb said...

Great stitches. I always love the PS designs!

Marilyn said...

Nice finishes.
Love the Reindeer. :)
Marilyn

Siobhán said...

Lovely stitching, Michele! I love PS designs--as Deb said, they're timeless!

Chris said...

Gorgeous finishes Michele!!

Anna van Schurman said...

Love the reindeer! Why are you grateful for cold weather, exactly? All the staying indoors and stitching, right/

valerie said...

Great finishes Michelle! I love the second reindeer piece. I'm going to have to figure out what freebie that one is! I remember seeing it stitched before.

Nancy said...

Both are very pretty Michele! Congratulations on your finishes.

Charlene ♥ NC said...

This cold weather will keep you busy trying to stay warm - and you must be warmed by that HOT needle you've got going! Cute pieces!

Carol said...

Your stitching is off to a great start this year, Michele... Love them both :)

Nan said...

Love your reindeer!

Dani - tkdchick said...

Oh those are wonderful finishes! Congratulations.

Melanie said...

Great finishes!!! :)

Catherine said...

Great finishes!

Chris said...

Love them. I believe I witnessed you stitching on the PS reindeers at some point in time. They both look great. What next??

Andrea said...

Great finishes. It's good to see the older designs making an appearance again. Love the reindeer.

Michele B. said...

It's always fun to see your reindeer collection grow. Love the colors you chose for the freebie. If you ever find a link to the chart, let me know!

Fiona said...

Great finishes, I really like the colours used on the freebie.