Tuesday, November 08, 2011

More from Myrtle Beach ...

So glad you can join me for another long long post about the Fall Fling. Grab your coffee, tea, hot chocolate or favorite drink, there are a few pictures below lol ... I promise to have these posts about Myrtle Beach done before the end of the year! lol ... This post is all about the generosity of stitchers, exchanges and more finishes ...

Beth came armed with sweet gifts for a bunch of us ... I love the little Christmas ornament! and all the goodies where so fun ... check out the reindeer eraser!
Diane's been making these darling project bags ... love my Halloween one
Faye surprised us with these cute envelopes ...
and inside where new beachy scissor fobs! A girl just can't have too many scissor fobs :)
It sure was fun getting goodies from my stitching friends. Every time I use one of my gifts I'll remember that stitcher and how they made me smile with their creativeness and thoughtfulness.

One of the really fun parts of the Pals Fall Fling are the exchanges. Amy hosts 4 different exchanges over the weekend. I participated in 3 of the 4. Below are some pictures of the lovely Christmas ornaments that the stitchers worked hard on ... these birds are sooo sweet ...
Funny this ornament was stitched by three different stitchers, including me ... I love this one done in red ... surprised? lol
Santas! Who doesn't love Santa ornaments ...
Just a couple more of the lovely ornaments ... unfortunately it's hard to take a good picture through the bags ... I wasn't very excited about the ornament on the right when I saw it in the new 2011 JCS Ornament magazine, but after seeing it all stitched up, it's moved to the top of my want to stitch list ...
How cute is this one ... might have to stitch this one too!
below are just a couple more pictures of more ornaments ... yep there were a lot!

I stitched 4 Christmas ornaments for the exchange, so I got four in return. Unfortunately I can only find 3 of them ... wonder wonder wonder where that 4th one is hiding?! Bet Ill find it in January! lol Here are the three I picked out ... This lovely ornament is from my friend Myra in SC. It's a Lizzie*Kate design ... I love L*K and love Myra ... it's too cute ...
And look at these two lovelies ... The ornament on the left is from Mary Hal, SC ... it's a design by Little House Needleworks and the one on the right is from Becky Gwynn, Virginia ... I don't know the designer, but I adore the little snowman button. My tree will look so lovely with these three new ornaments ... can't wait to decorate with them!
Another exchange I participating in was the Halloween/Fall ornament exchange ... here's the ornament I received from Linda Knipple, it's a design by Paulette of Plum Street Samplers. I've loved the rabbit family but haven't stitched any of them ... now I don't have to stitch the Halloween one ...
The last exchange I participating in was the stitched piece exchange. I received this cute cube from Maggie in Virginia. I love how she finished it ...
and love how she personalize the back ... such a lovely momento to look back at year to year ...
And look more finishes! My dear friend Toni finished this cute turkey sheep by Bent Creek. The design is called Gertie Gobble ... fun finish Toni!
I had one small finish and one new start while I was at the Fling ... ya think I would have stitched more at a stitching retreat! lol ... I stitched LHN's Baked Goods for my dear friend Lisa ... we bake for the holidays and I thought this was perfect for her ...
I started this design at the Fling and finished it when I got home .... I love how it turned out ... I used 32 ct Vintage Blue Whisper and GAST Presidential Blue. I can't wait to get this framed!
Along with my initials I also included the initials for my 3 bestest stitching friends ... we've attended many Fall Flings together so I thought it would be nice to remember them on this piece.
I bought myself a little goodie while I was at the Fling ... this lovely shaker tray. There were so many pieces I wanted, but this one just called my name ... I think it looks really nice next to my stitching area.
Well, I hope I didn't bore you to much *smile* Thanks for stopping in and thanks for all your comments ... I love them!

I hope you find your Joy in your stitches ...

I'm grateful for retreats ...

21 comments:

Barb said...

Not boring at all! I loved all the ornament pictures and the tray looks great! It looks like a fun time was had by all!!!

Natasha said...

Ohhhh I love it all!! So many wonderful stitching beauties. If I plan on attending next year I must get started on my stitching now LOL

Thanks for sharing :)
Natasha

Lesleyanne said...

All of the ornaments are gorgeous. Definitely not a boring post.

Christina said...

Wow, such an amazing post! I loved seeing all of those Christmas ornies, beautifully packaged in their plastic wrapping. I don't know how you managed to choose, I'd be still there now making a decision!

Mouse said...

coooo what gorgeous ornaments :) I am hard pressed to say which I like the best :) your goodie bags were lovely too :) and love those scissor frogs :) love mouse xxxx

Chris said...

It looks like you guys had a great time!
All the ornaments are beautiful.
Your finishes are wonderful too.

Cathy B said...

Aren't weekend stitching retreats with friends just the most fun? Glad you had such a fun time...

staci said...

Looks like such a fun time! And I'm totally drooling over all those fabulous ornaments!

Laura said...

oh my goodness! Where to start? What a great post! I think I would have heart palpitations seeing all of those stitched ornaments in one place!!!! So glad you had such a great time!!!! Thanks for showing so many great pics!!!

Nancy said...

You had a wonerful time, didn't you Michele? I loved looking at all the stitched goodies! Your post makes a stitcher want to get out all the ornament patterns she has and stitch them!

Carol said...

Wow! What a wonderfully stitchy post, Michele. I've thoroughly enjoyed looking at all those goodies you received as well as you lovely finishes. The LHN Baked Goods is one I really need to do myself as I am an avid baker also :)

And your new Shaker tray is wonderful--always nice to buy yourself a little treat now and then, isn't it?

Glad your had such an enjoyable Fall Fling!

Fiona said...

It was great fun, it is just a pity we have to wait a whole year to get together again. Every one of the ornaments is great and the gifts you received were very pretty. I bought a shaker tray too and have my fall ornaments on it at the moment.

Karen said...

Great pics! I stole the first ornament one with the red bird i finished (i never took any pics of what i brought). ugh great finishes too!!! Glad you got the BBD one finished, can't wait to see it framed!

Penny said...

I've really enjoyed all of the pictures and hearing about the retreat. All of the ornaments are amazing! Beautiful stitching on your finishes too!

Sally said...

Wow lots of lovely goodies in the photos! It would be my idea of heaven!

Charlene ♥ NC said...

Never boring seeing how much fun YOU had at the retreat because you cause US to have so much fun! Great pics and stitching... Love ya!

Melanie said...

WOW. So much great stuff here!!! I loved looking at it all. Not boring, not even a bit. Thanks for sharing. :)

valerie said...

Wow...so much fun stuff and wonderful stitchy goodness. I just love all the ornies. The project bag is awesome and the shaker tray is a total must have to lay your stitching tools. I really need to think about going to this retreat next year!

Brigitte said...

I love to read about retreats and to see all sorts of pictures. Wonderful ornaments!

Teena in Toronto said...

So creative!

Happy blogoversary :)

Siobhán said...

Oh my goodness!! I am so behind on blog commenting but was glad to be able to catch up with this post. What gorgeous stitching in each photo!! I loved seeing all the ornaments, and the BBD--fantastic!