Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day

Another Sunday night ... where in the world do the weekends go?! Seems like Friday night wasn't that long ago! lol .. We spent Friday evening watching the Vancouver Opening Ceremonies. I really enjoyed them. Vancouver is our neighbor and a lovely lovely city to visit. I also enjoyed all the pictures and stories of Canada and their people that ran the hour before. I had no idea that Canada helped so quickly during 911 to land over 200 American airliners ... and what about the snowboarder skiing to into the stadium ... wonder how many times they had to shoot that run ... sure was awesome!

Saturday I went to lunch with Lisa and Yvonne. I gave them their Valentine pillow/ornaments that I finished up a couple of weeks ago ... they really love them. It was funny, I thought I was the only one bringing a Valentine gift, but they both brought gifts too ... we had a good laugh over that, wonderful pomegranate margaritas, yummy lunch and planned our trip to the beach in May. On my way home I dropped by and saw my dad for a couple of hours ... then it was home to watch the first night of Olympics ... WTG Apollo and JR, and how about those mogul runs! omg the girls rocked.

Sunday was spent watching the Daytona 500 and stitching. Nice day that started our with my honey going and getting lattes for us ... sometimes it's nice to not leave the house all day :)

I did get some stitching done last week. I've started back on a rotation and feel like I really got something accomplished. Of course rotations must be flexible, right? Monday instead of working on Peppermint Twist, I decided to finish up Cranberry Deer Pinkeepy by Beehive Needleworks ... this was one of my birthday stash purchases and I loved stitching it!

Tuesday's rotation piece is Autumn Song by Blackbird Designs. Natasha and I are doing an SAL, we didn't stitch on AS over the holidays and I'm really glad to be back to it ... I just love the colors ... this is where I left AS back in November ...
and here's what it looked like after Tuesday ... the acron is just adorable ...


Wednesday's rotation is Primitive Wizard of Oz ... it's coming along pretty good ...
and Thursday's rotation is Lizzie*Kate's Christmas Double Flipits. I finished Santa and started Tree ...


The rest of my stitching has been for exchanges so I can't show anything yet. Off to had some dinner and settle in for some stitching and then off to bed ... Monday comes quickly unfortunately! lol

I hope you find your Joy in your stitches ...

I'm grateful for lunch with friends ...

14 comments:

Natasha said...

Ohhh its looking great Michele. I really like your wizard of Oz WIP are you a fan of the OZ? Me too. When I was a kid before we had cable my mom and I would watch the show on regual channel once a year. So whenever I watch it now it brings back memories.

Maybe one of these days you and I can get together for a stitching GTG... I watched the cross country skiing today and the luge. Was sad to watch after waht happened on the pratcice run.

Tkae care and have a hapy monday!

Karen said...

You have been busy! I just got the BBD Autumn Song and hope to get to it soon. Love the Reindeer pinkeep...love the colors.

I'd go crazy if I had that many WIP at one time! Keep on stitching.

Siobhán said...

What great stitching, Michele! I love your BBD. The reindeer pinkeep is adorable.

Cheryl said...

Arent the olympics great? My DH is overjoyed with the mens moguls result!
Your stitching is lovely. Im really finding a rotation helpful

Catherine said...

All your pieces are beautiful!

Deb said...

I think that Olympics give us stitchers a really great reason to get in some quality stitching time in. Your WIPs all look great! Still haven't ordered the WoO piece, but it's on my list - I have to have it!!!

Kim B said...

Beautiful pieces in your rotation Michele!

Shelleen said...

love your finish and the WIPs are looking good.

Linda said...

Michele, your reindeer pinkeep is darling what a sweet finish and love all your WIPs, they are looking great. BBD are favorites of mine and this one is just so pretty. hugs, Linda

Carolyn NC said...

Wonderful stitching!

Unknown said...

I really like your Wizard of Oz piece - I may have to find that for my SIL. I love your L*K Christmas Double Flipits - they are in my to do pile. I am going to start the Halloween ones next week.

I am always so impressed with the way you have such a delightful mantle all the time. I need to do more in that vein.

JOLENE said...

I'm love your Autumn Song!! Fall colors are my favorite to stitch with. Cute pinkeep!

Brigitte said...

Oh Michele, you have some very pretty projects here. Autumn Song looks terrific, I just love the BBDs, whatever it is.

Sally said...

Your Cranberry Deer piece is gorgeous Michele! So you! Lol! Love your WIPs too. You're certainly getting a lot done:)