Sunday, January 31, 2010

Finishes and Stash ...

Happy Sunday ... hope everyone is enjoying the last day of January. I'm having a very lazy day and it feels great ... did a little finishing this morning, a little laundry, way too much time on the computer and now I'm ready to sit my butt down and stitch while watching the Pro Bowl and The Grammys.

My birthday stash arrived Friday ... I got Bent Creek's Winter Row with fabric. I fell in love with the fabric that Mary Kathryn was using for this design. Next is Cranberry Deer Pinkeep, kitted with the fabric and floss. A Walk in the Park by LHN. Joyeux Noel book by BBD and a new pair of scissors (Kelmscott Design's Tudor Rose) rounds out my birthday stash purchase ... I think I'm going to have to start the Deer Pinkeep soon!
Another birthday present arrived on Friday from Donna. She sent me both November and December Stocking patterns by BBD. Donna this was so generous of you! and I can't wait to stitch one ... I've haven't stitched any of these stocking yet, but I've enjoyed seeing them all over blogland ...

Now for some finishes ... real honest to goodness totally finished finishes by yours truly. First up is Hugs and Kisses, made into a pinkeep ...
the back fabric ...

Here's primitivebetties Valentine freebie made into a pillow ornament. This is the first time I've played around with doing a wire hanger ... omgosh it was fun! and I know I'll be doing this more and more ...

and here's my Stitcherhood Love freebie made into another pillow hanger ornament complete with wire hanger and beads ...

When I was doing the finishing I decided they would make fun little gifts. One will be for my daughter-in-law Monica ... and two of them will be for Yvonne and Lisa. I'm having lunch with them on the 13th, it'll be a fun surprise. Of course I want them too so now I'm stitching them again for myself! lol

So off I got to stitch Love on a pretty piece of cream linen with Belle Soie's Fresh Raspberries.

I hope you find your Joy in your stitches ...

I'm grateful for Sunday ...

13 comments:

corinna said...

i love lazy days...
cheers for you on your lazy day and arrival of sweet stash

don't cha just love the bbd j noel book

did you see the heart done on gingham today
go here http://kvstitching.wordpress.com/

it makes me itch to stitch it

all your finishes are sweet....liking the beads and wire
have a great week

Cole said...

What great birthday treats!! And great finishes, I love the beaded wire hangers!

Kim B said...

Gorgeous finishing Michele! And that stash...droooooooooool!

Marie said...

Happy Birthday Michele!
What a great job on all of your finishes. The wire finish is perfect, very clever of you.

Nancy said...

Very pretty Valentine stitches, and nice stash! What a wonderful birthday gift you received.

I had a lazy day too Michele! Lots and lots of stitching, a little computer and very little cooking.

Meadows08 said...

Great stash and awesome stitching. I love your finishes.

Carolyn NC said...

Happy Birthday! Love the new stash and gifts and your finishes are awesome!

Nic said...

Lovely finishes - and great stash!

Siobhán said...

What a great stash haul! Very nice. I love the stitching, too. What a neat idea to give them as gifts.

staci said...

Your Valentine finishes are darling! Enjoy all your wonderful new stash! Did you get much stitching done during the Grammy's last night? I didn't, lol ;)

Michelle said...

Hi Michele,

You got some great stash.. I have the BBD book.. heaven for the eyes!

Your Valentine finishes are too sweet, especially with the wire!

Andrea said...

Lovely stash and some great finishes.

Linda said...

Hi Michele...I love all your stash....I'm hoping to get the BBD~JN book.

Sweet finishes. I love the wire hangers and the touch of beads you used, very pretty. What gauge wire did you use? Have fun with all your new goodies...I see lots of happy stitching in your future...hugs, Linda