Monday, December 07, 2009

4 Days Off ...

I decided to take Friday and Monday off and give myself a nice long weekend. All of a sudden the month is flying by and I'm not even close to being ready ... breathe ... yes the house is done inside and my baking is in the freezer waiting to be given away (only if I stop eating them! There's nothing any better than frozen Christmas cookies and hot coffee yummy!) ... but for all my good intentions I have hardly started my shopping. It's not that I have a lot to buy. Like everyone else out there, we are spending less and I really don't have much to mail this year ... but for some reason I'm feeling a bit like time is running out ... breathe ... and I don't like to feel hassled, hate it in fact and try my hardest to keep from getting there ... so taking a couple of days of vacation should be just what the doctor ordered ... breathe ...

I do have a finish from last week ... It's a new design by Lizzie Kate ... I love how it turned out, but damn all that solid color stitching sure got boring real fast! I wasn't sure I was going to like the white lines when I was stitching them, but wow they look great all done ...

I put up tree with all my stitched ornaments ... this is such a fun tree. I bought it last year as a bit of a splurge for myself ... putting it up this year, I was sooo very glad I splurged last year ...
another view ...

Off to stitch on a Christmas gift, but before I do, I want to let you know about two blog giveaways ...

Karyn is having a great giveaway on her blog ... look at all the goodies ...


And Chiloe's having a giveaway too ... what a sweet figurine ...
.

Thank you all for your sweet comments about my Christmas decorating and my finishes ... I love reading all your comments!

I hope you find your Joy in your stitches ...

I'm grateful for red Christmas trees ...

20 comments:

Kathy A. said...

Love that pretty little red tree with all your stitched ornaments.
Enjoy those extra couple of days!

Siobhán said...

I love your tree with all the stitched ornaments! What a treasure it must be to put everything up and remember when you got or stitched each ornament. Love the finish, too!

I know what you mean about the 'breathe'! We cut back this year, too, so I don't have too much left to buy, but my two teenage girls can't decide WHAT to get and I really just have no interest in shopping again. I love the Christmas season but oh, the work for the mothers!

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

I love your tree and put one up this year in my house that was just for my stitched ornaments...but I got it real cheap (from my mother's basement! LOL!)
I've been getting a little verclempt too about all this coming to a head, but I'm trying to ignore it :)
GOOD LUCK and HAPPY 4 day weekend!

Blu said...

Your tree is very pretty~
The Lizzie Kate looks very nice. Congrats on the HD~
Enjoy your long weekend!

stitcherw said...

What a fun finish, and I love your tree. Enjoy your bit of extra time, and remember to slow down and breathe :)
Sue

Carolyn NC said...

Ornie is so cute and I love, love your tree with your stitched ornaments!

Cheryl said...

I love your LK finish! Havent seen that chart before.
Great stitchy tree as well!
Enjoy your weekend

Sally said...

What a lovely Lizzie*Kate finish Michele!

Love your tree.

Hope you have a wonderful long weekend.

Chiloe said...

You won !!!!!!!!!!! Please answer me as fast as possible ;-) Thanks !!!

Michelle said...

Your tree is so beautiful!! I still have baking and more shopping to do :) Have a fun long weekend..

Daffycat said...

Ooooo, your little red stitching tree is wonderful! I love it, Michele!

Debbie said...

Oooo, is that a red "feather" tree? It is so beautiful and I love all the handstitched ornaments.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kim B said...

Look at those stitched ornies! What a great display! I don't think my reindeer are going to be finished for Christmas this year. Finals really put the skids on my stitching. And yes, I will be putting their names in order since you've inspired me to do so. It just doesn't seem right for them to be anything other than in their appropriate order!

Deanne J said...

Great finish and I love your tree.

Brigitte said...

Your tree is very nice, I love trees with just stitched ornaments on it.

Cheryl said...

Michele, Just stopping by to wish you a Happy Christmas and best wishes for 2010! x

Linda said...

Merry Christmas Michele!

I love your red stitching tree....there are so many darling ornaments, I think it would be fun to have it out all year...hugs, Linda

JOLENE said...

What a beautiful red tree!!! So unusual, but I love it. Such adorabable reindeer ornaments adorn it beautifully!

DaisyGirl said...

Merry Christmas! I hope y'all had a happy day!
Donna