Sunday, July 12, 2009

4th of July in Twisp

I hope this finds you all well and stitching stitching stitching ...

We had a wonderful 4 days east of the mountains in Twisp for the 4th. There were anywhere from 10 to 20 of us over the 4 days. We left on Friday driving over with Ken and Lisa .. here they are in front of us ...
The trip took about 4 hours, with a stop for the dogs and people to potty. The property in Twisp that we stayed out belongs to my friend Cheryl. She and her husband Larry built it over about 5 years. We lost Larry last January .. but he is everywhere on this property. Here's the back of the house which faces the lovely Twisp river. We set up camp along the river, we slept in a tent trailer and Ken and Lisa in a tent. Two other couples stayed with Cheryl in the big house .. but we got shower privileges :)
We were lucky enough to see wildlife while we were there .. this is the view from our tent trailer .. heaven isn't it :)
On Saturday we all headed to the town of Twisp for their 4th of July parade and street fair .. gotta love a small town parade! Here's a few of my favorite pictures from the parade ...



Happy Birthday Twisp .. the town turns 100 this August ...




Terry took this picture at the street fair .. see the butterfly .. sooo sweet :)

We had about 20 people at the property for the 4th .. really fun!

yep, they shot off all these ... 4th of July was Larry's favorite of all the holidays .. we gave him a great send off!

Here's one of the beautiful sunsets we enjoyed ...
one sleepy dog! The dogs all had a blast .. in the water and running around .. Maddy even chased a deer .. man she really moves when she wants to! lol

And here's a picture of the core group that stayed all 4 days .. starting from the left .. Terry and me, Ken and Lisa, Cheryl, her close friend Cynthia and Cynthia's daughter Margaret, Jean and my Dad, John (Cynthia's husband), Pat and her husband Dean ...

And here's a few pictures from our drive home on Monday over the North Cascades Highway .. beautiful drive!


The girls ...


I was fascinated by these green pinecones ...

and this tree .. soo cool looking ...

I've been stitching this week but on exchanges .. so no pictures yet. But I did find this awesome giveaway on Patti's blog ... you have to check it out!


Thanks for all your comments on my last finishes .. you guys are all so supportive! I love reading all your comments .. and to my new readers .. welcome and thanks for letting me know you visited my blog.
Sunday is over and time for me to head to bed .. hope you all had a great weekend!

I hope you find your joy in your stitches ...

I'm grateful for lots of pictures ...

19 comments:

Nancy said...

Thanks for sharing your 4th of July. It looks just perfect! What a gorgeous house you stayed in, and the scenery is really something! Glad you enjoyed your getaway.

Sally said...

Beautiful photos Michele! Looks and sounds like you had a fantastic time!

Carolyn NC said...

That looks like a fantastic time, Michele! Love all the pictures.

Lisa said...

Looks like an awesome weekend. I love those little town 4th of July parades - they are the best! Sounds like it was a great time and a great group of people to share the time with! Thank you for sharing the photos and the experience with all.
Take care!

Natasha said...

Oh man Michelle I wanna go to Twisp. WHat a beaitful weekend you had. It is such fun to have a group of friends to enjoy things like that with.

Love the sleepy dog :) Take Care and have a great Monday.

mainely stitching said...

Oh, wow. Next time you go, may I please tag along? This looks like a little slice of heaven on earth!

Ranae said...

Looks like a fantastic time.
Awesome photo's
Thanks for sharing

Michelle said...

Hi Michele,

Your getaway looks like a lot of fun. I love small town parades.. Did I see someone on a pogo stick? I was the pogo stick queen when I was young!

Can't wait to see what your stitching.. I've got so many projects and not enough hours in the day.

Michelle

Tracey said...

Great pics!! It looks like so much fun!

Kathy A. said...

Wow, that sure looks like a fun trip!! Love the scenery.

Dani - tkdchick said...

Michele, looks like you had a fantastic 4th of July in a gorgeous location with lots of special people around you!

Brigitte said...

Your trip sounds fantastic and the pictures show an absolutely beautiful scenery. Thanks for sharing.

CindyMae said...

It looks like you had a wonderful time! Great photos!! Thanks for sharing your 4th with us!

Cindy F. said...

Love your patriotic banner with all that stitchy goodness!!
What an incredible vacation and beautiful pics!

Linda said...

Hi Michele, your 4th of July was wonderful. What beautiful country...the parade looks so fun, our community had a small parade and there is just nothing better...I love all the little kids and their smiling faces.

Oh, I did order the silks thank again for the info...happy stitching, hugs, Linda

Marie said...

Hey Michele, I want to camp with you! I love the picture of the deer, that's amazing. Small town parades, ya gotta love em! :D Looks like such an enjoyable trip.

JOLENE said...

Michele, Just dropping by to check out your blog and thank you for entering my giveaway. Your blog is so festive and colorful. It looks as if you have had an enjoyable July thus far..good for you!I read over your profile and you and I have alot in common. Good Luck on the giveaway!!!

Cheryl said...

Sounds great, enjoyed looking at your photos!

Kim B said...

It sounds like you had way too much fun! I cannot believe you all had that many fireworks!