Friday, February 08, 2008

Happy Friday :)

Anyone else as glad it's Friday as I am? I ended up staying home from work today .. my cold has settled in my sinuses and I've had a headache now for three days. I did start my antibotics on Wednesday .. sure hope something starts working soon .. this is getting really old! lol I watched The Jane Austin Book Club on DVD today .. has anyone else seen this movie? I really enjoyed it. It wasn't at all what I expected, but I enjoyed the story line .. the characters and their interactions. The ending was a bit too "nice" .. but all in all I would really recommend this movie.

I have been stitching a bit here and there .. I started Lizzie Kate's Double Flip-it's .. I'm stitching them a a pretty piece of banding. I'm almost done with Spot of Love .. I'll post some pictures over the weekend.

The bright day of my week was Thursday .. when this wonderful stitcher's bource arrived in my mailbox. Sally stitched this as a PIF for me. I've never seen one up close and personal .. didn't she do a lovely job!



and look at the stitching inside! I just love the colors and the alphabet, and the adorable flowers in the middle ... opps, I forgot to take a picture of the colorful threads that were hiding inside the bource when I opened it ...


Sally, thank you so very much .. your stitching and finishing are beautiful. Thank you for stitching this for me ...


I'm grateful for stitching gifts ...

9 comments:

Melissa said...

WOW! What a gorgeous bourse! Enjoy it ... yeah, like you wouldn't. LOL Great job, Sally!

mainely stitching said...

Feel better soon, Michele!! :D

Nancy said...

This is beautiful! What lovely, soft colors. Enjoy your gift!

Cheryl said...

That bourse is so pretty! Lucky you!
Hope your feel better soon. Have a nice weekend

Michelle said...

What a nice gift. I'm so sorry you are feeling sick..I hope you feel better soon!

Michelle

stitcherw said...

Wow, what a lovely bourse. Your earlier finish of SB's Christmas Drawer's was beautiful too. Congratulations on finishing an older WIP, and one that it sounds presented quite a few challenges. What a feeling of accomplishment that must have given you.

Sorry to hear that you're still not feeling well. I hope that you can start feeling better soon and the antibiotics help. Unfortunately getting bugs in this weather they just seem to hang on forever.

LK's double flip its is such a pretty design, can't wait to see a picture of your progress.
Sue

Unknown said...

My antibiotics are working great! Hope yours kick in soon too!!!

The bourse is really pretty. Just wondering, are they usually decorative or do people put things in them?

Sally said...

So pleased the bourse arrived safely and that you like it:)

Hope you're feeling much better soon.

Michelle said...

What a gorgeous bourse! I bet that brightened up your day! I haven't seen Jane Austen Book Club yet, but it looks good.