Friday, December 21, 2007

And the countdown begins ...

I've been sooo bad at blogging lately .. I've been reading all your blogs (and commenting too *smile*) but haven't really had a chance to sit and update my own blog .. shame on me!

I don't know where this week has gone .. or last weekend for that matter .. all I know is that I've been super busy and feeling a tad behind the gun if ya know what I mean. Usually by now I'm all done with my shopping and wrapped and ready to go. This year things aren't going quite as planned .. but I wouldn't change a thing. Like last weekend, instead of shopping on Saturday I was having lunch with some friends for Connie's birthday (she's 82), then DH and I hosted Chris and Joan's annual carolling party, they headed home back east for Chris' dad's funeral and didn't want to cancel the party last minute. It was soo much fun .. but C&J were definately missed. Sunday was brunch with Lisa and Cheryl and then home to decorate our tree. Jumping right into Monday, which was a typical day except for a little panic starting to be felt. Tuesday Monica and Chris came over for dinner, then we worked on loading a digital picture frame we got for my FIL. Wednesday was dinner and Santa pictures with the kids (can't wait to see them!) and then yesterday was Christmas with Cheryl and her DH ..

See what I mean? The weekend and week was spent with friends and family and building wonderful memories and just being there for your friends when they need you .. and that's really what this time is all about .. right? So everytime I feel the panic rising in me .. cause I really AM NOT ready for the 24th and 25th!!! I tell myself to breath and relax and remember the lovely times I spent with those that mean the world to me .. and the rest is just icing on the cake.

I ran across these pictures when we were looking for pictures to load on the digital picture frame .. I've decided to get a couple of new frames and give them to my dad and brother for Christmas .. I think they'll really enjoy them ..

The first one is of the four of us plus our two animals, Skipper (the dog) and Twinkle (the cat) .. Christmas 1963 (I was 8, by brother was 5)



Here's Twinkle the cat .. I just adore this picture! BTW, Twinkle was actually a male tom cat, live a long life but was always in fights .. Dad said it was because we gave him a girlie name! lol


and here's just my brother Mike and I ...

and this picture is for Barbara .. she had mentioned on her blog, I think it was this week, about Christmas trees and how her dad was the tinsel doer on their family tree .. it reminded me of my mom's trees and all the tinsel and how pretty the trees looked .. she would let us help hang tinsel, but we only got to put it on the back of the tree! lol Great memories ...


I hope you all are having a great week and enjoying your Christmas preparations. Please keep Barbara and Niek in your thoughts .. we can't wait to meet you Arden!!

I'm grateful for having such lovely memories and pictures to go with them ...

6 comments:

The Silver Thistle said...

Just popping by to wish you and yours a VERY Merry Christmas!

Looking forward to hearing all your news in 2008!

Thanks for sharing your family photos and helping remember days gone by. Christmas is ALL about memories I think.

BTW, if it helps......I'm not really ready either, lol. But what I HAVE managed to do is all done so I'm not worrying over it..Christmas will happen whether I'm ready for it or not....so I'll just sit back and try to build some great memories.

Have a fantastic Christmas Michele, my friend!!! :D

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

I LOVE to look at old pictures and these are exceptional the tree was lovely, the family handsome and what super memories I'm sure they envoke :)
Have a very Merry Christmas Michele!

monique said...

I'm not ready either... this year, December really dashed on by!

Love the tinsel :)

Merry Christmas!

Sally said...

beautiful old pictures Michele. Thank you so much for sharing them. I love old pictures and have lots myself.

stitcherw said...

Time does just seem to fly this time of year. Enjoyed seeing your pictures, the memories pictures like that bring back are wonderful. Have a lovely Christmas.
Sue

Chris said...

Michele,

I understand about being busy. I hadn't blogged in a few weeks. I got back into town today from visting my Dad, checked my blog and found that I had been tagged to list 12 things about myself that relates to Christmas. And was then supposed to tag 2 others. Even though it's officially after Christmas, I did post 12 things on my blog and now I'm tagging you. So.... TAG!!!

I hope you have had a very Merry Christmas.