Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving ...

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone ... I hope you all have a wonderful day. Our tradition for the holidays, both Thanksgiving and Christmas has been that we spend Thanksgiving/Christmas Eve with one side of the family and Christmas Day with the other side. It's been a great way to spend time with both families without having to split the days in half. This year we will spend Thanksgiving with my fil. My mil passed away 3 years ago and since then my fil prefers to go out to eat. It'll be just the 4 of us, DH, Robert, my fil Al and myself. Monica and Chris are with her parents in Spokane. We don't have to leave for dinner until 2pm so I'm looking forward to spending the morning snuggled on the couch with my coffee watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Parade and stitching a bit .. then off to dinner. Sounds pretty nice to spend time with my family and not have to do any dishes! *smile*

This picture is Heart in Hand's Thanksgiving Sampler .. I finished it 3 years ago .. I always enjoy displaying it every year.

I saw this quote on a church reader board this week .. good words to live by don't you think?

We need to not only practice Thanksgiving but ThanksLiving

and here's another of my favorites ..The art of thanksgiving is thanks-living. It is gratitude in action. . . .

Enjoy your day .. however you spend it ...

I'm grateful for family and friends ...

7 comments:

mainely stitching said...

My parents also always split the holidays between my grandparents so we were not travelling on the holidays themselves. I have such happy memories of these days!!!

Cheryl said...

Love those quotes :)

Karen said...

Happy Thanksgiving Michele! Everyone was here for the day, they all just left. sigh.... now i can snuggle on the couch and stitch. Alot of cooking and dishes done today!

Sally said...

I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving Michele:)

monique said...

Nice quotes; hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving! Your HIH turkey is really cute :)

OH! And Happy Blogiversary, a bit late :)

stitcherw said...

I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving, and the quotes were both very appropriate and good ones to keep in mind not only for this time of year, but all year round.
Sue

Michelle said...

I hope you had a wonderful holiday. That is such an appropriate saying.. I am so thankful this year. I like your Heart in Hand too! Michelle